Beta 1.1.2 Bugs and Feedback

I opened the card again and found that there were only 23 photos on the card. I started with an empty card when I started the flight. Looks like it’s still trying to stitch it but I can see a blurry area where I suspect there were some missing pictures.

How can I prevent that from happening in the future?

The 3 images are the test photos most likely. That’s a small bug that if you use the auto uploader we correctly skip the test photos but it gets included in the total image count.

Hi @chasegray
Did you see my reply about the automatic flight plan through an area, the copter should not enter?

Thanks,

Martin

On my last two missions, I have noticed my P3A bucking during flight between way points. I can’t think of another way to describe it. Below is the flight data. It is showing up as the small variations between the large dips at the way point turns on the flight data. I’m trying to go through some checks to see if it is firmware related or not. If I find anything, I will update.

I think this is the same bug that you guys already know about, but just in case:

Latest DD app on my Tab
.005 on the Phantom III
Latest DJI firmware on the remote

I tried to create a plan that was maybe 100 or so acres. The flight time was supposed to be +/- 40 minutes. When I tried to load it, the app crashed. I tried either 1 or 2 more times and the app crashed each time. Then I tried another 18 min flight and it worked fine.

Like I said, I think this is just the same bug you guys are working on, but since it’s the first time it has happened to me, I figured I would describe it anyway.

I did two flights. On the DD site the second flight (RA 34 b) says 175 photos, 0 uploaded. That seems normal and I’m working on uploading them now.

The first flight (RA 34 a) says 0 photos, 0 uploaded. Do I still upload the 156 images from the first flight or did something go wrong?

Hi Martin,

Sorry I did see that but might have forgotten to get back to it.

Right now the copter will fly over the area. I can add a item in our feedback list. It’s not currently being worked on though.

It should still be fine. Sometimes we aren’t able to determine the photo count due to issues with the DJI SDK.

Should I be using the ND filter on the inspire 1 camera? Will it matter with quality etc?

Jeff

Also flew 2 flights last week. Worked great. No issues at all.

Two flights for us yesterday 11 acres & 23 acres with Inspire . Software performed as expected except for operator error on second flight where I forgot to return the mode switch to “F”. The software reminded me to make the correction. Uploaded images this morning and maps look good.

I went through an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, and compass calibration. Flew a mission today and everything was smooth. Must have been something off, even though all my sensor numbers were normal.

Hi Chase,
Flew another 2 flights today and used the continue mission feature. All went well, after first battery was drawn down I hit the red return button and P3 returned and landed, when I went to continue I had to look through a few older missions to find the one I wanted, it was not the most recent older mission(if that makes sense) but it was there and it continued.
On my first attempt I had made the flight area bigger and it would not accept it, prob too many waypoints. Is a fix for number of waypoints coming soon?
Second thing I noticed after I looked at photos tonight is that my last pass did not take photos again. Just like my last flight on Sat. as soon as drone started turn to last pass pics stopped, and the card had losts of space. Anyone else noticing their last passes not having photos?
My P3 does seem a little jumpy on corners and when it is changing speeds, like somebody else mentioned.
Thanks
Curt

Can you send me the flight log link for the flight that didn’t take photos?

Trying to push a waypoint fix tonight to some early users and hopefully tomorrow for everyone else.

The person who said they noticed their drone was jumpy did all the calibrations again and it resolved it.

I can send you the flight log, what is the best way to do that?
I will redo cals tomorrow before I fly, I assume you mean compass etc
Thanks
Curt

You can send them to beta@dronedeploy.com or on here. I don’t think the link works for anybody else.

How do I get the flight logs?
Curt

If you go to your dashboard on your PC you should see a dropdown next to the plan you flew. One of those options is the flight log.

Yep, I have got that far but how do I share or send it to you?
Curt

Ah. Once you click the link you can just send me the url.

Ok,
I sent the url to beta@dronedeploy.com
Thanks
Curt