Beta 1.1.2 Bugs and Feedback

The new flight is just one I marked to show up on your dashboard because I thought you flew over the same field. So you want me to mark the one that is across from that one to show up?

The new one you made was correct. That is the one that I am having trouble uploading the images to. The one I am talking about was the one the dashboard created. It is the one at 11:37. If you look at it you can back up on the timeline and see all the images from the other field. But the flight plan is correct for the field. Thank you.

I flew yesterday with P3, on DJI version 1.26, DD P3X V1.04.001 and DD 1.1.2 on a Galaxy S3. I also flew the day before and that may have been on the 1.10. After reading some comments I had some of the same issues. I tried a new plan with a large area and it would take off, hover to about 10 feet and then say takeoff failed. This happened 3 times then I made a smaller flight zone and it worked first try. The day before Aug 26, I had flown a larger field and it had no troubles, even used the continue option and that worked flawlessly. When the continue worked I just hit the return button on screen and let it land itself, yesterday on 2 missions I tried the continue and both would not give me the option to continue in the app at the create map screens, however on both of these missions I had to switch the control back to P to land safely because it was off target by a bit.
I did notice my drone was making square corners and flew home at 15mph if I let it come on its own, if I hit the red return button I would jump around speed wise for a few seconds then went 22 mph home. It also hovered higher yesterday after takeoff than the day before so I assume that’s part of 1.1.2., I also had a couple of failed takeoffs but I believe that had a lot to do with my cell connection, it was flaky.
Couple of questions,
Should I update the dji firmware above vers 1.26? or does that matter
Is there a way to have the drone head for the start point while it is gaining elevation?
Is there a way to premake the maps before heading to the field? It would just save some field time and give a chance to make a better flight plan with a bigger screen.
Is there a way to define where the drone will start the flight plan?
On the account screen of DD it has a regenerate API code, what is an API?
Can I fly a 1 mile stretch of field? If I lose signal will it keep flying correctly?
I noticed when I flew that I was getting about 1/2 mile of flight per 10% of battery life, I let the battery get down to 20% before I made it come home and it landed at 11%, what are safe values? I am thinking 11% is getting pretty low, and the drone never initiated any return to home
Thanks
Curt

I was having these exact same issues. Per Chases instructions I got the latest app’s, got controller to 1.3.2 and got drone (P3P) to 1.4. Everything worked like a charm. Have not had an issue since.
I am going out again today. I feel confident things will go smooth.
It was all in the software versions…
If I do hit an issue today, trust me… It will be posted :smile:

Only major issue I know about right now is uploading larger sets of waypoints can fail. It seems to work after trying again several times. It’s a DJI issue but I’m hoping to fix it.

Temporary Fix coming very soon for waypoints. Hopefully tonight.

Hi, I am a little confused on the updates. Is there a ver 1.4 from DJI and a ver 1.04.005 from DD? Do I need to update both firmwares or am I getting mixed up here. Also is the limited waypoints only in newest updates? If so be curious to when fixed as my next flight plan was for a 320 ac field.
Thanks
Curt

When I say 1.4 from DJI I am referring to 1.04.001 or 1.04.005. They both seem to be fine for users and 1.04.005 actually has some fixes.
The waypoint limitation is usually only hitting people who are making larger maps and it exists on both firmwares. I think it can be reduced by having a very clear signal between RC and drone before loading the mission. Will release an update very soon that helps with those that are trying to continue missions.

The way I understand it, those are DD firmwares. Does it matter what version of Dji firmware I have loaded. My P3 says 1.26 for its version when I run the dji app, I have the 1.04.01 for DD. Is there a dji firmware and DD on the drone at same time or does the DD firmware replace the dji firmware. Sorry for my confusion.
Curt

They aren’t DD firmwares, they are DJI firmwares that support the SDK. I think the app tells you the version of your controller. Are you having a problem flying? Hopefully all of this is resolved soon by a public DJI release.

Had a few takeoff failures but they may have been more to do with bad cell area and loss of signal at takeoff time.
I guess I was thinking about firmware wrong. I thought that DD had firmware that was on the drone at same time or replaced DJI firmware. It sounds like its all DJI firmware that DD can communicate with. Does that mean if DD makes an update it comes as an app update and if DJI makes and update its firmware on the drone?
So if I was to update to 1.04.005 would I have to update the RC to 1.32 or would that happen when I update the drone? Is it same process with the usb stick?
Thanks
Curt

You should most likely update the RC to 1.32. You would have do to it separately either through the DJI Go app or a USB stick.

Are you using the latest app from the Play store (1.1.2) with your takeoff failures?

Yes, I believe that I was on 1.1.2 with takeoff failures but do not know that for sure. I have my phone set to autoupdate apps and it was after my failed takeoffs that I was reading on forum that there was a new 1.1.2. That is when I looked and my phone said 1.1.2
Thanks
Curt

Just a further question, you mentioned you were planning a fix for the waypoints issue. When you release that fix is it done via an app update or how does it get to us.
Curt

It should happen as an app update.

Thanks,
You have cleared up alot for me today!
Curt

Hi Chase,
I updated my RC to 1.32, P3 to 1.4.005 and app is 1.1.2. Just went out and made 3 flights, all short duration test flights,it is windy at our place but tried anyway.

• First flight 300ft drone took off went to about 5 ft, cam turned down and away it went. Did its flight taking pics at about 21-22mph and came back same.
    -Second flight 200ft, drone took off OK but flight speed was 15mph and return to home at 22mph. All good
    -Third flight drone took off to 5ft and then just sat, didn’t say failed takeoff. Seemed like maybe lost connection with drone for a split second while cam was initializing. Hit red button and it landed.
    -Last flight 500ft, drone took off and went to start point at 22 mph and flew at 22mph. Wind was pushing it off line quite a bit and when it turned at far end of field no more pics. Drone finished flight and was online good coming back with wind at back. Landed fine
    Couple thoughts, does height affect flight speed? prob a good idea
    Secondly if drone is offline for too long does it stop taking pics, it followed the proper flight plan back.
    Thanks
    Curt
    p.s. very happy with performance

We do adjust the speed based on the altitude. At the moment it maxes out at 10m/s because that is what the previous 1.04.001 firmware allowed. We will bring the max back up a few m/s after a public firmware gets released.

If it never said takeoff failed it’s really weird. I’ve never seen that happen before.

Not sure why it could stop taking photos? Was it a space issue?

Just went on the first flight with DD using what I believe to be the proper firmware in the DJI Phantom III.

I’m using the beta app on an 8.4" Tab.

The UAV has V01.04.0005. I could not get the remote to update to that firmware version using two different methods so I just left it at the most current DJI version.

The flight went really well. It took off, flew the flight and then I uploaded the pictures. They are still processing so I’ll be interested to see how well it stitches.

Also, like everyone else I really look forward to being able to handle more points because nearly everything I’m interested in doing is over 130 acres, some as large as 300+ acres. Thanks.

It looks like it’s saying 3 images are missing. I’m not sure what to do about that. Is there a simple next step? Thanks.