St. Peters School and Farm - 4 Layers of Crisp Beauty in New Zealand

Thought I’d kick off this new category with one of my favorite maps I’ve recently seen. This was taken in New Zealand a couple of years ago and has been recently reprocessed. All 4 layers are worth looking at!

Public Share Link

Play around with the 3D model! This one wasn’t even flown in Structures mode.

12%20AM

42%20AM

20%20AM

55%20AM

28%20AM

33%20AM

41%20AM

1 Like

Hi, Very nice. Which drone flown/altitude ? Area ? how many flights ? with which Mission plan ?

This map was actually flown at an incredible ~850 foot AGL! This about twice as high as is now legally allowed in the US. It was flown in 2014.

500 feet appears to be the limit in New Zealand. I went ahead and made a quick test flight plan and here’s what I came up with for 75/75 overlap:

40%20PM

11 batteries, 3600 images, a little under 3 hours flight time. Totally reasonable.

They were lucky to fly this as its just outside of the flight zones into Hamilton airport, in the central North Island.
I have flown within the flight approaches to this airport twice to capture a new sports field - I was in direct communication with the control tower staff who were awesome in telling me when there was a window available to under take my drone flight at 45m - (150 ft) rather than our normal 75m. The air controllers appreciated prompt and good communication.
For reference our flying limit in NZ is 120m (400 ft) above ground level unless certain conditions are met.