Problem after battery change

Hi new to DD. First mission today with Mavic Air 2; first half went great, but after battery change drone wouldn’t continue. Selected “continue mission”, checklist went green, and selected “Fly”. Drone started, but sat there……what did I do wrong?
Thanx

4 Likes

I have the same problem with my Phantom 4 v2.0 and have a thread going on it be no answers yet! I cannot finish a flight that needs more than one battery.

2 Likes

I had the same issue today, with a phantom 4 pro v2. Ran the survey (a small test) once with a single battery, then ran it again to see how a battery change would work. drone returned home when it got to 30%, landed, I swapped the battery, selected “continue” the survey, went through the checklist fine, then when I selected “fly”, nothing happened. Drone just sat there, no prop movement, nothing.
The screen indicated nothing wrong, but the drone status in the upper left said “Drone connected, GPS mode”, but the “start flight” button lower left was greyed out and not active.
I tried rebooting drone deploy and the drone, attempting to “continue” the mission, but nothing happened (repeatedly). The only thing left in this test was to fly the perimeter (3D enhanced) but nothing happened.

As far as I can tell from this and other threads, this is a common issue and there have been no solid solutions. thoughts anyone?

1 Like

screen capture of drone unable to restart mission

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem on my last two missions. I fly multi-battery (large area) missions and I’m able to fly for about 90 minutes (several batteries obviously) before my DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 refuse to take back off. I am able to fly the drone manually though.

I had it a few times. The reasons could be as easy and as simple like battery is not properly installed (lol, I didn’t push it down hard enough. I figured it from the DJI app that warned me about it, but DD just gave me gray start button). Also, the phone, iPad you use may be the issue. I flew with an older iPhone the same flight plan - I had the issue to restart the flight. I changed my iPhone 11 to iPad - and it was working great ! One more - if you fly in the area where you need to unlock airspace - this is always an issue. Must go back to DJI application, make sure it is good to go there and go back to DD. However, I always have to reset my mission and manually pick the start point.

1 Like