Point cloud animation

Hi, DroneDeploy

My customer would like to see a hyperlapse of a construction site for 1 year of flights. And I wonder how to create a point cloud or 3D model animation in DroneDeploy?

Bets regards, Nikolay

1 Like

Depends on how often you are flying, but in my experience unless it is very frequent a textured model time/hyperlapse is pretty uneventful. You/They’d be better served with a programmed video flight that can be adjusted through time.

That said, you could use something like LICEcap to create gifs and stitch them together.
https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

I have seen a discussion on several drone forums so to clarify… Timelapse is a stationary camera and Hyperlapse is a moving camera.

This is a good example of how you could create a hyperlapse with point cloud or model. First you should done the animation from Pix4D and export animation video, then use program like Fnal Cut Pro to assemble hyperlapse

2 Likes

This is a good tutorial for drone hyperlapse

1 Like

Good info, but it is beyond me why someone would do this and not just take a video and do the split frame “hyperlapse” and then still have a video. Sometimes though when I am doing long linear projects I will use this method so that we can create a full resolution slideshow (yeah that’s what old people call it), but hyperlapse sounds better.

HI…the free version allows you to create HD videos of point clouds, measurements and 3D models at 25fps.
If you want to get more adventurous, then you’ll need a paid for license… this will unlock the full animator which allows you to individually move items within the video, crop them, change their properties and have many more output options including 360 spherical video.