3D Time Lapse

Client wants to be able to see a time lapse video of the 3D model created with Drone Deploy. I don’t even know where to start looking or how to go about doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess if it was even a singe 3D image shown over time. Thanks for any guidance.

Hey @jeff423,

Very cool concept. Put going to take some work. I would say you have a couple of options, one very involved way would be to utilize VR to allow them to see a series of 3d models blended over time (this is probably impractical). Let me make sure i understand the premise correctly:

They would like to see a series of models you have generated over time, in a video that is a “time Lapse” fashion?
If this is the case i would say your best route will be to generate each of the models and then utilize a 3d modeling program to create some video (orbits, pans, flybys what have you). Once you have a video of each one (ideally you can reuse the settings on the cameras motion and just swap out models) you can then take the videos and edit together to create one sort of seamless video showing the evolution of the project over time.

Another suggestion is to use the Side by Side app in DD and make a screen cast of the maps as you pass the slider over them. Just some ideas to help you get started.

Scott

Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely some things to think about. The concept is to watch a large addition to a building get added on over time through 3D visualization. Maybe if I could just screen shot images and create a video???

Hey @jeff423,

I think that is probably your path of least resistance, capture and create models along the way at regular intervals, then make clips of the models and transition between them in video. (Honestly if you get a screen capture software you could just capture as you moved the model in drone deploy, then edit that together) On the Artistic side of things you may also want to consider the ken burns approach of mixing in some stills and using your video editing software to create some motion in them as well. The more you can wow them not only by meeting their expectations, but by providing them with a visually captivating and stunning result the more likely you will be to get repeat business.

Let us see how it comes out!

Scott