Missing Images

I think the Missing Images and the Shifted Images has the same base issue.

The issue I documented is this: (I’ gonna shorthand Lat/Long/Elevation as XYZ)

Normal Process:

1. Move Drone to correct XYZ location
  2. Gets XYZ Location (Drone at the correct location)
  3. Take Photo (Drone at the correct location)
  4. Write Photo
  5. Repeat Step 1

Actual Process:

1. Drone starts moving to XYZ location (The next Photo Location)
  2. Gets XYZ Location (Drone not at correct XYZ)
  3. Drone continues to correct XYZ location
  4. Take Photo (Drone at the correct location)
  5. Write Photo
  6. Repeat Step 1

In the case of a actual missing photo (big gap in the Dot Map where it’s obvious there should have been a photo, not a dot that has shifted) looking at one of the DD Logs it looks like it could be taking over 2 seconds for the complete Take Photo process to complete. DJI’s SDK API calls checks to see if the camera is busy, if so what appears to be happening is it skips the photo and moves to the next Photo Location.

I’m still waiting on more examples that we can track down the issue inside the DD logs and opening up a case with DD. I’m still waiting on a few files for the DD engineers in the Shifted Images thread. The steps above was generated from what I seen via the photos the end-user supplied. I took 8 photos wear you could see a distinct area in the photos and from photo to photo the area moved the same distant even though the exif GPS Data was reporting the wrong location.

I’m willing to work with anyone that can supply me a DD Log File and photos (in the area that is missing images, however many to show the issue)