Invalid corner radius

Thanks for the report. Maybe it has become a more prominent issue with the latest version(s) and can be tracked down a little easier.

Flight Plan would not load today 22 March, even after restarting drone, controller, and app numerous times. The DD app completed the preflight checklist but once the take off button was pushed, the flight plan, onscreen image, looked like part of it had already been flown and during one of the systems restarts I was able to capture the error ā€“ ā€˜Plan Upload Failed: Corner Radius Invalidā€™

Equipment:
iPad software version 14.4.1
Drone Deploy app version 4.37
DJI Go 4 app version 4.3.42
Phantom 4 Pro, firmware 1.05.0600
RC firmware 1.04.01.00

Please help.

Mike

This is definitely an odd error that there is no apparent understandable cause to. The only ā€œradiusā€ I can think of is the way that DroneDeploy is programmed to traverse the end corners. Beyond that an entire flight plan will not load once it has reached a certain number of waypoints. This started happening moreso when precision return for mission breaks was brought back, but it has always occurred on longer missions.

What are your overlaps set on for this mission?

Front overlap is 75% and Side overlap is 70%

1 Like

Just to add another report here. Iā€™m in trial mode and am getting the ā€œCorner Radius Invalidā€ error. Iā€™m trying different settings while trying to get a 3D survey of my lot. Iā€™m on a slope and it is mostly woods (leaves are off the trees, for now).

Iā€™m using a Mavic Pro, planning my flights on Mac/Safari, then running them from my iPhone (I re-check the settings, so it may be rewriting the plan at that point). I previous ran multiple flights at 150ft with no problems. I changed the map to 130ft and it ran the first half/battery fine, but the drone balked on initialization for the 2nd half.

Since it was slated to do a the perimeter on the 2nd half, I suspect it might be the KML property outline that it is tripping over. However, it has run the perimeter previously with success (at different altitude).

Happy to provide any further information if it helps. Thanks.

1 Like

Were you using Terrain Awareness? How long did you wait after the battery swap before trying to continue the flight?

I was not using the Terrain option at that time. I had attempted a previous flight with it, but the trees at the bottom of my hill are apparently taller than at the top, so I got an obstacle warning (fortunately).

I put the new battery in and probably waited a minute or two before turning it on. It was probably another minute before I told DD to resume the flight, at which point it did the checklist and prompted me to ā€œStartā€ the flight. After pressing ā€œStartā€ it tried to initialize the drone and after a pause (which told me there was something wrong), it gave me the radius error.

1 Like

Just as a follow up: I attempted to continue my flight today by resetting the map and then adjusting the starting waypoint to where it stopped when I landed for a battery swap.

As I expected I still got the radius error after the ā€œDrone Initializingā€ step. So I tried editing the flight plan to omit the perimeter. Still got the error.

I then edited the plan again and re-enabled the perimeter and adjusted the flight direction by 1 degree. This time it worked!

So adjusting the flight direction seems to be a solution, for me at least. I donā€™t know if it nudged a bad corner into a good one, or if it just forced a redraw of the whole plan that eliminated the bad corner entirely.

2 Likes

I had this issue today after the new DD update. I came on here for an answer. I had several failed attempts to resume the mission I was already flying after a battery swap. Had the same error message about the radius. The solution was to reset my mission and shrink it to be the last portion of the flight plan that was still left to capture then rotate the flight plan to get it to fly.

I ran into multiple issues after upgrading to DD 4.48 invalid radius was one of them. The other was the app restarting during the flightā€¦that one is getting old.
For the invalid radius I recreated the flight plan at a higher altitude and cut out the perimeter 3D option, that seemed to work. Not sure which is was but didnā€™t feel like trouble shooting it anymore.
They need to stabilize their code.

2 Likes

Move to another area around the map do a test run on a different map try to change how high you are flying

1 Like

Changing your flight direction around is highly recommended. Especially if you see those acute angles, these are the primary cause and there are no fixes as of yet to prevent these from occurring during map flight planning.

It also occurs when having the crosshatch 3D enabled as this has a higher chance to make the acute angle appear with the flight paths.