Invalid corner radius

Mobile device - I just did a whole system reset and it didn’t solve anything. I couldn’t finish my mission - it is half done.

My work around right now was to try and create another mission with the second half of the waypoints that are uncovered and then figure out with the DD team on how to stitch them together…

2 Likes

Sometimes that’s all you can do and while haven’t had it in a while I have experienced it. Just manually upload all the images at once.

@EliteDS, After looking at the image above I wonder if the very sharp turn at the bottom left has something to do with it?

I haven’t uploaded an image but I will after this flight is done.

I am mapping 30 acres at 140ft A so it had to split the flight map into two segments for whatever reason… it mapped the first half fine and then failed when loading the second half. Not sure if there are limitations within the app to cause this forced split when mapping large areas?

1 Like

That’s not a very big area, but that is really low. If you have the batteries and time to do it then more power to you, but unless this is a completely flat and obstacle free piece of land then I would recommend flying higher. It took so long and so many batteries because of such a low altitude and how slow they limit the flight to in order to capture the desired amount of overlaps. I would suggest no less than 150ft above the tallest obstruction and/or highest point of the subject property. You will fly much more efficiently and will most likely not realize much if any resolution loss, but will will get more accurate maps. My default flight is 200ft with 80/65 overlaps. I can go as low as 70 on the front laps if all I am wanting is a 2D map, but usually we want grade so 75 is the bottom. Then I start adding batteries.

1 Like

Hey Michael - im attempting to do a high-res recreation of a 30 acre property for a VR simulation. Right now 0.4"/px is not rendering as high or as accurately as I would like and I’m pondering what services or software could help me achieve that.

Any advice would be super appreciated to get down to 0.05"/px

Your not going to get 5-hundredths of an inch. Three-tenths of an inch I have ever seen and that was at 75ft from the subject.

Do you have any recommendations on how to achieve this?

Are you trying to get absolute accuracy terrain or just a pretty 3D model and relative accuracy? Are you using GCP’s?

Clinical accuracy isn’t critical for me. A subtle shift in the locations of different trees and buildings on the property aren’t a big deal. What is more important is a clear recreation of the textures and style of each element Meaning the buildings and trees should look roughly the same as they do in real life. Ive already noticed that elements like trees need more ground-level scanning in order to capture the detail needed for the trunk. Is this something that can be captured separately and imported with a new scan into the DD 3d generator?

That works. I would run the Enhanced 3D mode without the Perimeter option thus running only the oblique Crosshatch. This will allow you to fly lower altitudes, but the obliques capture more points and cleanup the vertical faces. I would try 100-120ft first or at least 50ft above the tallest structure. You could run a standard nadir mission to capture more detail if you want, but fly it at 150ft or 100ft above the tallest structure.

You could then handhold the drone in DJI tripod mode to get some shots under overhangs and the tree trunks and manually upload everything together processing in Structure Mode.

Going to try this today - Thanks!!

1 Like

Great, we look forward to your thoughts! I wanted to clarify this statement. What I should have written was “between 100ft and 150ft AGL and at least 100ft above the tallest structure” for the nadir flight. Obviously if it is just ground and is not too undulating you could fly just 100ft over it. The idea of the inclusion of nadir is that it gets in between objects that are close together like buildings and cars, keeping them from “melting” together.

Im confused a bit - what is a nadir mission ?

1 Like

The standard top-down angle that the lawnmower pattern runs. If you run Enhanced 3D with crosshatch it does not do nadir images. If you do it with just the perimeter it will do the nadir first.

I sometimes get this error message with basic square or rectangular missions. Every time I get it I just pick up the drone and move about 20 feet away. In my experience it seems like trying to start a mission too close to waypoint one causes the issue.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same issue when trying to start a new planned mission - “Invalid Corner Radius”. All of my equipment has the latest firmware on each of the relevant devices (Ipad, M210) and I keep getting the same message under waypoints “corner radius invalid” I’ve tried changing angles, altitude, size, everything I can think of and nothing helps.

I’ve also tried creating a brand new flight plan and still get the same issue. I was unable to use DD for the Mission and had to revert to GSPro for the project

Strange thing is that I could still create and fly 2 x pano missions on the same day in the exact same location!

How can this be resolved?

1 Like

Hi EDSA, welcome! Are you manually drafting this plan or is it a KML/SHP import?

Manual entry whilst on site. I tried re-entering the polygon a number of times and I also tried changing flight angle in multiple times but nothing would resolve the “invalid corner radius” fault.

1 Like

Somehow we have to get DroneDeploy to reproduce this. The thread is 4-1/2 years old and only has 37 replies at least half of which are not reports, but it is spread across the spectrum of 3 different aircraft at this point so you would assume it’s not the DJI SDK or the devices themselves. I believe this was brought up even before DroneDeploy changed the aircraft’s behaviour in the corners from a stop and 90 to a consistent drift so it can’t even really be isolated to flight characteristics. This is a tough one for sure! @Kaitlin , what would be the best course of action to spend some time on this. It seems elusive because of the limited reports and varied hardware affected, but it still seems like a pretty simple solution once the “check box” is found.

1 Like

Weird, ive never heard of this until now - with 3 of my flights back to back failing to launch.
I just came inside to see what this error message meant.

…This problem dates back to 2017?!

3 Likes