DroneDeploy iOS Version 4.2 Bugs

I know there are many improvements being made behind the scenes so I think we’re starting to see some daylight. Like I said before, if you’re not on iOS 13 yet stay off until the next DD app comes through. The 13.3.1 iOS update reported several fixes of kernel and memory issues so hopefully the combined effort and maybe one more iOS tweak will get us back to where we should be. The Pro has the A10x chip so it should be a little better off than the Mini 4 and my defunct 2019 10.2 :thinking:

1 Like

Unfortunately (perhaps), the Pad is now on 13.3.1. Thinking it could not be any worse than what we’ve been experiencing and with previous reports of its memory issues being corrected in its release, I took the plunge.

Just waiting for DD to publish the updated app (they promised by the end of last week) and will likely try it out next week. Please God let it work?

Well you’re along for the ride then. The app update I am speaking of just got submitted to Apple last week, not the previous release.

Yes. I’m on 4.2.1 and I understood from Andrew that 4.2.2 ie. a proper fix (now they’ve sussed the problem, again) would be issued last week. Is that what we are waiting for Apple to give an all-clear on before making available on the App Store? Is that how it works? I’m not an Apple guy and was only talked into the IPad by DD as it was supposed to be the robust way of operating their software.

1 Like

Correct, waiting on the Applmighty.

1 Like

For terrain awareness I bought a iPad mini5 /256G
But When DD started to perform the task, I could not see his image, but when I switched to djigo4, I could see the image of his normal execution, but if I switched back to dronedeploy, there was still no image. Is there any solution to the problem ?

If I use a Huawei android tablet everything is OK , of course there is no Terrain awareness function。

Ipadmini5 iOS ver 13.3.1
Djigo4 ver 4.3.32
DroneDeploy ver 4.2.1

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ipad mini 5 can’t display camera image

This can happen when app switching between DJI and DroneDeploy. Most often occurs with the Mavic 2 series drones. The video feed competes between the two apps so we recommend staying within DroneDeploy while flying. Often unplugging / replugging the cable or selecting pause/play will correct the video feed.

We’re working with DJI on a more automated solution.

1 Like

There is incompatibility between appearance on the dronedeploy and drone positions when a mission is underway, preflight checks are taking about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Please provide a solution or fix the application.
were using iPad mini 4 on iOs 13.
terimakasih, thanks, gracias.

1 Like

I see that a moderator merged your thread so please read back through this one for the current status and upcoming fixes.

Hi all - quick update. We’ve released iOS version 4.3.0 to the App Store which includes performance fixes. Please give it a try! Reliability is core to the DroneDeploy experience and we apologize for any noticeable app slowness. Thanks for flying with DroneDeploy.

2 Likes

For ipad mini 4 owners such as myself, with the new v4.3.0 I still can’t even get my user name completely entered on the opening login screen before everything in the app grinds to a halt. :frowning:

1 Like

iPad Pro 2017, iOS 13.3.1, DD 4.3.0 logged in and moving swiftly about the app, both in the new view and the classic. Start up is definitely slower in the new view however which I’m not keen on anyway. Hopefully we can keep the classic view.

Waiting for a week when we’re not naming the weather with the next letter in the alphabet, before putting it to the test. Please. PLEASE!!

2 Likes

The same thing happens to me, I have a phantom 4 pro with Ipad mini 4 iOS version 12.4 and DD 4.2.0
Shortly after starting the autonomous flight mission, telemetry freezes, the drone runs its course but it is really desperate to lose communication.
I have had to use DJI GSP again and I am testing 3D Survey Pilot

@agrimensortotter Please try updating to version 4.3 for a better experience.

I’ve has the same issue with my Phantom 4 Pro. Strangely, it has only been on a particular oil production site, so I was considering it may have been radio interference. However, after reading your troubles (which are identical to my own) I believe the problems run deeper. Thanks!

1 Like

Have you updated to 4.3 yet and verified that the issues still exist?

What device and OS version are you using? That would be good detail to have.

A post was merged into an existing topic: DroneDeploy App Version 4.3 Bugs

Future efforts have been moved to version 4.3 so this thread is closed.