DNG shooting is not available any longer

Summary of Issue:
I was able to fly missions shooting DNG photos since the beginning of my usage of DroneDeploy 8 or 10 months ago , but now DroneDeploy changes my settings to JPEG, it even affects my DJI Go settings, so when I fly using DJI Go, I need to revert to DNG on the app, I need raw support because most photos need some kind of color correction that JPEG won’t allow.

Date Issue Began:
It happened on the last 2 missions I flew

Drone Model:
Mavic Pro on 1.4.100 firmware

Mobile Device Model and OS version:
Motorola Moto X Play on Android 7.1.2

DroneDeploy App Version:
DD 2.67.0
DJI Go: 4.2.4

Can't shoot with DNG anymore

Hello @royeiror

I am not sure why DroneDeploy will allow DJI GO camera settings to change in this case the image type. If you set your image type to DNG in the DJI GO app and try to fly with DroneDeploy, your DNG image type might change to JPEG automatically. It should not be changing your DJI GO app setting independently.

We do not allow DNG/RAW file types to be uploaded. If you want to use RAW image types for color correction, I would recommend using a photo editor to edit your photos, then batch process your photos to be converted into high res Jpegs. I do not believe we have ever processed our maps using RAW image types.

Thanks.

Hello Yusuf, I might have not expressed myself correctly. I am aware that the platform doesn’t accept DNG image files, but on previous versions of DroneDeploy, the image type I set on DJI Go was the image type DroneDeploy App used. I then fixed and color corrected the images and exported them as high quality JPEGs.

The weird thing is that DroneDeploy App no longer lets my Mavic shoot DNG images but it hijacks my DJI Go settings.

Hello @royeiror

I reached out to my engineers and they let me know we have never let the DroneDeploy application allow the camera in an automated flight to take RAW/DNG images. This will slow the rate at which the photos will be taken and sometimes memory cards cannot keep up with this high payload of write speed required.

As far as the DJI GO Settings, our application just mirrors what settings the DJI GO app is set too. Not sure why your DroneDeploy app is affecting the settings of your DJI GO app. If possible could you send me screenshots of your camera settings of both the DroneDeploy app and also the DJI GO app in a personal message? I will then further investigate.

Thanks!

Yusuf, I uploaded a video that shows what’s happening to YouTube https://youtu.be/O2_DiWq-2OY

I hope this helps to clarify my problem.

As for the DNG files, DroneDeploy didn’t, used the settings on the Go App and the images taken were DNG on my SD

Hello again Yusuf, I just tested again and it doesn’t matter if I set the mission to use manual exposure and focus on DJI Go or not, the DroneDeploy App still hijacks my DJI Go settings as shown on the video of my previous post. I tried looking through the app folders to see if there was a configuration file I could modify, but found nothing of use.

Hello @royeiror I will reach out in a personal message. I will have to further investigate as to why this is happening to you. Thanks!

Thank you Yusuf, I’ll be ready.

Hey @royeiror.

Did you have a solution for your problem? I’m trying to make automatic flights by exporting images in .raw format, but I’m not getting it either.

Hello Marcelo, nope, didn’t get to shoot raw photos through DroneDeploy