Toggle Map Views

It would be a great time saver if I was able to quickly toggle from the elevation map to the 2D map when doing volumetrics. It is much easier to takeoff stockpiles in the elevation mode, but I have to use the 2D map to recognize the type of material for annotation. When digitizing in elevation view it would be nice to have a button or some option to quickly view the 2D map instead of backing out, viewing the 2D and then going back to the elevation map.

Hi @MichaelL,

We’ve seen this request pop up frequently over time. Our team is aware and I’m hoping we can make this request a reality! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christina

I am in the middle of taking off a ton of stockpiles and wanted to bump this. A simple button on the elevation map screen to pip preview the 2D map is NEEDED. :slight_smile:

This map was about 70 clicks back and forth…

Couldn’t you have the same project open in 2 browser tabs, one on the DSM and one on the RGB?

So then I would have to scroll around and zoom two screens? Maybe if they were sync’d…

I agree it is a workaround and not ideal. But might save you time until they fix it.

Maps Made Easy presents the different tile sets as layers so you can do exactly what you are proposing in DD and I use that toggle constantly when doing volumes.

Thanks for the idea, but it’s just as easy to click back. At least it keeps the same view and zoom rate. Especially since I usually have Precision 3D and AutoCAD up at the same time. I don’t think I can add another monitor. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like