Processed map GCP/CHX markers

I asked about this a long time ago, but never made an official request so here it is. I would like to have some type of marker similar to the location annotation, but distinctly different that is automatically placed on my maps that have been processed with GCPs. When clicked I would like for it to report the CSV file data that was uploaded. I like the new feature that you show us when uploading so just bring that into the final map, but better. Speaking of GCP data values, it would also be nice to be able to create a report or at least just view it on the screen. It could be part of the accuracy report instead of showing just the RMSE values. Thanks!

1 Like

Bumping this just to keep it in the mix. I really need a way to either download the GCP coordinates CSV and/or see annotation markers for them on the map. Proposed icon. :wink:

1 Like

@MichaelL I know we chatted about this but I totally agree! I think this would be a great idea and would be very helpful for so many GCPs users. Feedback like this is awesome as it really helps us find areas of the product that can be improved for all users. Appreciate the great feedback!

1 Like

I asked about this a long time ago, but never made an official request so here it is. I would like to have some type of marker similar to the location annotation, but distinctly different that is automatically placed on my maps that have been processed with GCPs. When clicked I would like for it to report the CSV file data that was uploaded. I like the new feature that you show us when uploading so just bring that into the final map, but better. Speaking of GCP data values, it would also be nice to be able to create a report or at least just view it on the screen. It could be part of the accuracy report instead of showing just the RMSE values. Thanks! Proposed icon. :wink:

In addition it would prudent to make it an overlay layer and also needs the GCP Label visible.

Still requesting. This would be a big help as I am out on site checking ground control points for my other pilots. It would be much easier to be able to navigate via DroneDeploy and see exactly where those points are instead of having to zoom in and zoom out and wait for the data to catch up. As it is I just wasted an hour of my day on two projects trying to find out exactly where those points should have been.

Pretty please. I am on a task to locate GCP’s right now that would have been so easy if they were on the DroneDeploy map. Going back through records, opening separate programs and marking them every flight are not good options.

Just wanted to bump this request and include the marking of checkpoints. Also the ability to download the GCP or checkpoint file.

Bumping again. Here we are 2.5 years later and I still can’t believe this isn’t a thing. At least give us a way to annotate them differently than standard location pins. I still don’t see why this isn’t automated.

@Farai_Masheke @Jamespipe

1 Like