So I was in Northern California on Tuesday taking some maps of powerplants for work.
The area is heavily wooded and the Terrain Is extremely varied. I knew this before hand and pulled up Google Earth and used it to visualize and take rough Elevations of the areas I was planning to fly while planning the flights on PC at my office desk I had about 8 Flights ready to go with Elevations and Overlaps carefully planned to ensure coverage, and to avoid flying into hillsides. Everything was set to go. Booted up my Android Nexus 9 running 6.0.1, and synced the flights.
Usually, on the web interface, it will show synced. But for a lot of those flights, that never showed up, but the flights were indeed synced. However I had no way of knowing that because I wasn’t close enough to the flight areas to view them on the Tablet. Furthermore, I had no way of knowing that they were synced until I was onsite, with the drone, and connected the the drone. That workflow in my opinion is in no way optimized. I know the Android Platform is being developed at drown deploy, but there is no reason whatsoever that I should not be able view what flights are currently on stored on Device.
The second issue is the real problem here though. Once I started flying, I realized that I would have adjust some of the elevation and overlap parameters after one flight didn’t go as planned. That was when I realized that during my Third flight, which had the most outlier Elevation and overlap values do to the massive elevation difference that was planning on being covered, close to 700 feet from take of location to the lowest point in the valley below, I opened the settings on APP and adjusted a few of the parameters, and to my horror, EVERY FLIGHT AFTER THAT INHERITED THOSE VALUES!!!
This has never happened to me before. Now again, I know the Android APP is undergoing heavy development, but there is no reason it should ever get worse than it was before. This is simple functionality that should be guaranteed.