Phantom 4RTK SDK using PPK

I am about to buy a P4RTK SDK (separate screen) and use it to fly PPK with a Topcon GPS base. I would like to use the DD flight planning app but it is not compatible yet - any news on when it will be available?
I notice that the app is compatible with the Matrice 210RTK V2, but not using RTK, as I don’t think it will connect to the DRTK base station.
Does this mean that it works for PPK? If so would it also work with the P4RTK doing PPK not RTK?
I haven’t seen any mention of it working so I guess it is not that simple a solution but I thought I would ask the experts on this site.

I am not sure if it is official or not, but I have heard that the P4RTK with the new SDK controller works with DroneDeploy… and other 3rd party apps as well.

https://enterprise.dji.com/news/detail/dji-standard-remote-controller-for-phantom-4-rtk

Thanks MichaelL, it would be good news if DD worked but the P4RTK is not listed as being compatible.
The SDK controller is intended for use with 3rd party apps but I am not aware of any that actually work yet so you are limited to the DJI apps.
Has anybody successfully used DD or any other 3rd party app with the P4RTK?

1 Like

@Andrew_Fraser, has there been any reports of success with the P4RTK SDK controller?

We’ve been in touch with DJI and there is a path to support it. Tentatively, we are planning this to be done within Q4. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
There seems to be slow progress being made by 3rd party developers but at least DD plans sound promising.

1 Like

I have the P4Pro V2 with the inbuilt screen on the controller. Still waiting for DD to be compatible and very happy to hear that it may finally be happening. In the mean time I have loaded and successfully use Litchi for my mapping, a bit more fiddling around with the planning side but it seems to work fine. Litchi is availble from the Amazon store which you can access via the controller, so no worries loading the software. You do have to disable the DJIGo4 app every time prior to using teh Litchi app, but that is but a minor anoyance for the quality screen and output from the P4P.

1 Like

KSlimavic - it gets a bit complicated as the P4RTK uses the DJIRTK app not DJIGo4. The SDK runs DJIPilot for android and something else for IOS, so there is no guarantee that Litchi will work on all of them.
I had a demo of the P4RTK with built in screen and was impressed with the clarity, and together with the uncertainty with 3rd party app development have now decided to go with this one.

1 Like

Have any of you tried DJI Terra?

I have had a brief look at DJI Terra but it comes in a package of the flight planning software together with data processing at an expensive annual fee. I have already got processing software that I am happy with so it is just the flight planning that I am interested in.

1 Like

The Drones Made Easy folks are saying that if you purchase the hardware from them, they will make the Map Pilot app compatible with the unit. Purchase somewhere else and no-go. It may be worthwhile to give them a shout and see what they say. If you haven’t used Map Pilot, the UI is not as polished as DD but the execution is better than average and includes terrain awareness. With them, processing is not linked and you can do whatever you wish.

Dave - thanks for the suggestion of Drones Made Easy.
I live in the UK and would prefer to purchase the hardware locally, and unfortunately they don’t sell the software separately.

1 Like

That makes sense in your case. I hope you find a good solution. It’s never made sense that DJI chose to not go with a vanilla android deployment in their devices. It would make them much more useful.

1 Like