Mavic out of focus?

If this true both in DroneDeploy and DJI App, then it could be a hardware failure.

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem in the DD with the Mavic Pro device and the android system. All images are out focus and it is not possible to compose orthomosaic.
The DD support team can help me?

1 Like

Hi.

You have to configure the mission in the app, to force DD to use the manual set up in Go4.

Take off in Go4 and rise to the height of the mission, take a photo using ‘automatic’ and then switch to ‘manual’. This will force Go4 to leave the focussing where it is and all photos taken will be in focus so long as you remain at a similar height. That said, flying over a 20m high building, reducing the distance of the drone with the subject, even these pictures tend to remain in focus.

Shut the app and open up DD. Fly the mission, making sure the toggle I have ringed above is elected and all will work. I’ve been using this workaround for the past 2.5 years or so for my Mavic Pro. It’s the only way it will work.

@Jamespipe Hi James could you please activate the workaround for iOS on my account please, I am having focusing issues using a mavic pro in DD.

Cheers
Ash

1 Like

I don’t believe there is anything to activate anymore. Not for a while.

If you follow my instructions covered in my various posts within this topic, it’s the only way to focus the Mavic 1. It’s still a hassle but it works and I still use it today. You’re lucky you’re not using Android as that’s an even bigger hassle.

I use a Mavic Air for agricultural proposal layouts for the last 14 months with no issue.
Just in the past 3 weeks the drone takes off, goes to start point, points down and says:
“Calibrating camera focus”
“Camera focus failed to update”
“Drone is returning to home location”
and then the mission aborts.
The only way i can work around this is to let DJI Go manually control the focus, but this has the risk of blurry images and i do travel quite far to get some of these proposals done.
Any advice on how to get DD to control the focus again?
Lens and sensors are clean.

1 Like

Hi James. Can you help with my drone deploy app?