Mavic 2 Pro Video issues in DroneDeploy and 3rd party apps

Hello everyone,

I ran into a weird issue while trying to map a small area using DroneDeploy. While using the DJI GO4 App, I can see the direct footage from my Mavic. I make sure the settings are all good, close the app, then open dronedeploy and launch the flight. While doing this, the mavic video only shows a black screen BUT it still takes the pictures as planned. I Tried this in Pix4D and MME and same issue there. I called DJI support and was told it was an issue with the 3rd party apps but I mean… It wouldn’t be ALL 3rd party apps. Support for the app just wasn’t super helpful either.

All my gear’s software is up to date, even my iPhone 7+ iOS. I have tried several online solutions recommended for people who had the issue, including different USB cables and even another phone. I can still run my flight as planned, it just makes me anxious not to see what the shots look like as they are being taken. Is there a setting I don’t know about to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

There are already a couple of threads reporting this, but no fix has been found. You might want to search a little and see if you can make anything of it.