Lost video connection

On some of my flights I have a blank area where the video feed should be. Doesn’t seem to be any pattern. Sometimes there’s no problem. Sometimes nothing throughout the flight and sometimes it dissappears mid flight. Not a show stopper, just curious.

Is it black or green? How was the area around you? Pretty clear?

You might try one of these. I’ve been using one for quite a while now and have not lost video in a long time. They have them for the Mavic as well.

Ultimaxx Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Phantom 4, P4 pro, P4 Advanced, Phantom 3 Pro, Advanced and 4K Inspire 1 Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0794GSQB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GSoUCb6T40F30

Hi MichaelL. Mostly it was white.

Don’t think range is an issue - Never fly further than 500m (UK regs) and it’s happened, sometimes, from take-off.

Forgot to say that the area is rural. Although some areas have overhead lines running through there’s no consistency. Nothing in line of sight between the Phantom and the controller.

What device? Does it happen in DJI Go as well?

Never noticed it happening in DJI Go

Think I’ll have a go at making something like those boosters with a Pringles (Stackers?) foil lined cardboard tube :wink:

1 Like

Good stuff. Let us know.