No pictures taken during mission

Hi,

I tried a test mission today with my DJI Phantom 3 pro flying through the dronedeploy app. The issues were:

• Only one picture was taken at ground level but no further pictures were taken during the mission.
  • The app lost connection with the aircraft but the mission was completed.

What do I need to do to resolve these issues?

Hi,

Very curious about this problem. I have the same problem. Today during a 4 minute flight, 2 pictures were taken.

Same drone P3 Pro, iPhone 6, all with recent updates.

Any solutions or suggestions?

Cheers J.

Hi @jlshnng,

I checkout out your logs and it does look like there was a problem starting the capturing on your camera. The drone was telling us the camera was in a bad state. It is very difficult for us to know the exact problem.

In the near future we will provide a better warning earlier in the flight if something is happening with the camera that we can’t fix.

Hi @chasemgray,
thanks for the reply and explanation. Would be great to have a better warning. I ended up making manual photos and uploaded those to DD, which is not how it is supposed to be. I tried with two SD cards, one gives an error that it is slow, the other (that came with the drone) doesn’t.
Can cold weather (around 0 degrees Celsius) have anything to do with it?
Cheers

Hi there,

I had the same problem yesterday. I tried 4 times to make a map, but the drone did not collect enough images. I noted that the images were not uniformly distributed, and in some areas it didn´t take any picture at all.

Is this problem solved? I am using a phantom 4 with a Samsung galaxy S5 at the remote controller.

Thanks!

Note: My internet signal was always very poor during the mission, but I previously finished flight plans with internet connection.

We have been doing a lot of tests and we believe that the DJI camera can sometimes get overloaded when trying to take images so quickly. It will buffer then and then sometimes just fail completely if it can’t keep up. This seems to also happen on DJI go if you click the photo button fast enough for long enough.
We have a plan to allow users to slow down the capturing rate to possibly help with issues that can occur with the camera.