Help in measuring

Hi
I am new to DroneDeploy and have a 14days trial to see if that will fit my needs.
I am using one the the maps that are already in the system. When trying to make new annotations, I choose for example the distance tool, click a first time on the map to start drawing, then draw a line, and click again on the last point to finish drawing. But. the line disappears. What do I do wrong? I have been trying to measure surface, but the problem is the same, that is the areas selected disappears. I really dont understand what is wrong in how I use the tool. Maybe I am missing somehting.

Thanks for some help!

1 Like

Hi @Alain692!

Danielle here with DroneDeploy Support. What you are experiencing on the example projects within your dashboard is expected behavior. You’re able to move annotations that are currently on the map, however, you will not be able to create new annotations.

I’d recommend flying your first project, uploading the data to DroneDeploy, and using the annotation tools within the new project to test. That will allow for the best experience overall. Feel free to send a note to support@dronedeploy.com if you come up against any trouble, we are always here to help.

hi
thanks, this is what I have done.
Maybe it says somewhere that the example maps can not be used to create new annotations, I could not see that.
Anyway it works now

BR
Francois

1 Like

Dear Danielle
I have a question which is not related to the use of the platform but to the partnership programs. I have been trying to get in contact with DroneDeploy several time through the link provided on the website but nobody seems to be willing to get back. I was wondering if you might be able to forward my request.

I use DroneDeploy in training purpose only. My business is drone training and, depending on my customers demands, I teach in photogrammetri and 3d modelling. I have regular demands on this type of training, where I use DroneDeploy and show the application for the customer, for them to understand how they can use the tool in their industry. My customers are major mining companies in Sweden.

First, I would like to know if it was possible to have an “training account” so that I can easily perform that task. I do use the 14 days trial account, but it is obviously cumbersome, both for me and for the students. I would like to have a training account where I can get students to use the platform and train.
Secondly, this training is as much a training as it is a sales pitch. What kind of partnership can I have with DroneDeploy?

I hope you might be able to help me with that

kind regard

Francois