Distance between waypoint is too close

Hi Michael,

It was originally imported from a KML file off GE. The first file I tried didn’t work so i researched some of your forums and found other ways to import the file. What gets me is that the first flight on the same flight plan worked fine. When it landed to change batteries, I powered the drone off, changed the batt, powered back up never doing anything in the app, the drone came on and connected to the remote, as soon as it had GPS lock I told the app to continue the mission. Thats when it went through the checklist and kept giving the error. I tried moving the drone on the ground away from where I had landed, tried taking off manually and flying to altitude away and towards the mission start point with no success. I finally had to start a new map in DD and that worked. the trouble with that is that my map was off a bit from the actual location, since it is brand new and not on GE satalite yet it is hard to calculate where to set the perimeters without importing it off Google earth. I use a phone tracker and walk the locations, import that to google earth, create a new shape file in GE using the phone track as a trace, then import that shape KML to DD. It has worked on other projects so far. I will keep messing with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the feed back.

Dallas

1 Like

That is odd. So has it been a consistent issue after that first success? Only on the battery swaps? We import Google Earth KML polygons all the time. The thing is that the polygon shouldn’t have anything to do with waypoints other than determining the direction of flight based on its dimensions.

Yes, I have had the distance to waypoints error since I first started this month. However, I believe my first errors were because I was importing a KML line and not a shape file. This time it was a shape (polygon) file from GE but it was fine with the file and waypoints for the first flight, it was only after I changed the battery that I got the waypoint error. I restarted everything and tried again with no luck still. This was the first multi battery flight with DD that I have tried so I can’t say that it happens every time just this first time.

See I didn’t think the polygon should affect it either. It just basically sets the fence for the waypoints. I believe the first errors were from the line file. It basically made a polygon with a line and I think the start point and end point where they connected were causing the errors. My other two flights (both started with the waypoint error) were fixed by importing a polygon kml instead of the line file kml from GE. This last one was just weird because DD accepted the waypoints for the first battery and would have finished the mission had it been only one battery long. I will go out tomorrow or next week and attempt to recreate the issue to test and see what changes are needed to correct it and work out ways to get around it.

1 Like

What if you copied the flight plan and trimmed it down to the unfinished portion and tried to start from there to capture the rest of your map? An ugly workaround, but you get your map. Thing is that on a battery swap precision point return should be taking affect and it should go right back to where it stopped instead of the previous major waypoint. This was a feature for a while and it magically disappeared for about two months and now it is back since version v4.31. I haven’t had any trouble with it on the Phantom, but I wonder if it is creating a waypoint that is messing with the Mavic…

Good morning All, has this issue been resolved?

I seem to have the same issue, I’m currently in the field and redraw the site to be captured directly on DD.

I initially exported the shape file from esri, and flew the first battery, after the Chang eof the battery it gave me en error of the way point too close.

I’ve now restarted the flight to see if it’s going to work with the manual draw of the intended site.

It’s a little dissapointing as now its a general area and not the site specific as initially intended.

I’ll report back in about an hour with the result of the flight.

Let’s hope this works. I’m flying a Mavic 2 zoom and a samasung note 9. I have the latest DD version on my phone and latest firmware on the drone.

Wish me luck, cheers

This could possible the issue, unfortunately I don’t have another drone to test it on

1 Like