D-RTK2 to Mark GCP

Was wondering if one could use the D-RTK2 to mark GCP’S? Set up over point for 15mins or so while the D-RTK2 is in mode 5. When finished, download the dat file and convert it to a Rinex. Then run the Rinex…obs file thru the OPUS to get x,y,z for that point. Then use those points as GCP’S or check marks on map

1 Like

You’re good. PPK/PPP is the only way I would trust a D-RTK 2 for collecting GCP coords.

Has anyone had any experience with a Propeller AeroPoint ? I was thinking if a person had just 1, they could make a known point on a site, then move the AeroPoint and use it as a GCP when flying site, with the known point painted and values are stored from before. In my mind this would work, but I’m sure there is a catch to that workflow I’m not aware of.

1 Like

I recommend you take a look at Emlid: https://emlid.com/
Fantastic price point and software. Integrated with DroneDeploy.

1 Like

AeroPoints @ $4k for 5 of them. Nope. You can buy an Emlid M2 (base) and RS2+/RS3 (rover) for less than that, or two rovers for about $5500 and there are a LOT of advantages to having actually GNSS receivers. If you have access to an RTK network then even better, all you need is the rover. Don’t forget the $50/month Propeller network subscription.