Compatibility with the Mavic air 2

Hallo :smiley:
Still waiting for news about the compatibility for Mavic Air 2… anyone too?

8 Likes

Can’t wait, need fast

3 Likes

I dont know if any Drone deply employee is reading this messages.
Is any news about the compatibility of MA2 with drone deploy?

3 Likes

Come on DroneDeploy, get the MA2 on your compatibility list, or give us a timescale, or some feedback!

3 Likes

Just tell us if you are going to add it or not.
I want to know if im going to buy it or to look for another drone.
Thanks!

It was confirmed 4 weeks ago that they would be supporting it.

2 Likes

Is there a timeline?

2 Likes

@Andrew_Fraser Hey Andrew! how are you? Do you have any news about it?

2 Likes

@Andrew_Fraser hi Andrew come on we love you and waiting for the good news about MA2

2 Likes

Hace You any date for this actualization to happen?

2 Likes

mavic air 2 sdk is out. When will you support

2 Likes

I lost my free trial because I didn’t realize that the Mavic Air 2 is not compatible with DroneDeploy.

Is Pix4D compatible? or is there an alternative? Thank you.

1 Like

There are not currently any autonomous flight apps supporting the MA2, but keep your eyes open for Pix4D Capture and Litchi. They are typically the first to pick up new equipment.

2 Likes

Pix4D said that it’s not in their plans to add MA2 to their list. Apparently drone deploy is going to add it but we don’t know when.

4 Likes

@Andrew_Fraser Hi, it’s there any news from the compatibility of Mavic Air 2 with Dronedeploy?
We are exited about it.

1 Like

Mavic Air 2 support will come to DroneDeploy this quarter after we add support and complete full testing. I’d say somewhere between 2nd half of February and end of March. We too are excited by the lightweight, high resolution performance. We appreciate your patience!

6 Likes

Keeping in mind that it will be less resistant to wind, has a 1/2" rolling shutter 12mp sensor and the advertised 48mp will not be suitable for mapping.

@MichaelL Why it won’t be suitable for mapping?
What affects if it’s 48mp?

More than happy with my MP1.

It can map with the 12mp, but the 48mp is actually a stitch image using a Quad Bayer filter. Although much larger the images will suffer from lighting issues and darker areas will be very noisy. Probably most important is that it takes about 2 seconds to write the image to the card. Basically you’re going to step back about 2-3 years in map quality.