DJI Mini 2 Support

DJi Mini 2 is now available for purchase.

So many people will want to use it for mapping too.
So when will it be possible to use with drone deploy?
When will you support It?
Thank you!

1 Like

Considering it took DJI almost nine months to release the SDK support for the first Mavic Mini so that drone flight software vendors could integrate its unlikely that the Mini 2 is going to be supported anytime soon. Neither DroneDeploy or Pix4D have had any interest in supporting the original and even Litchi which supported the Spark, which was completely unworthy of mapping, just released support for the original Mini about a week ago. It takes quite a bit of time, resources and testing before a drone can be fully supported. Neither drone has obstacle avoidance which may have something to do with it so I wouldn’t be surprised if it is denied support.

Hello! The SDK is already released. When Drone Deploy will support Mini 2? Tks

1 Like

The Mini 2 SDK has not been released and is not anticipated before Q2 of 2021. The Mavic Mini 1 SDK is what got released and it did not include waypoint use so autonomous mapping flight solutions will not be supporting it until that happens.

Há alguma atualização sobre o uso de mapeamento no mini 2?

Are there any updates on using mapping in mini 2?

I would not expect the Mini 2 to be supported for cached waypoints. DJI has still not released the SDK that allows that functionality and it doesn’t appear that even Dronelink is supporting it yet but the latest reports I see are from 6 months ago so it might be worth contacting them.

hello!
I have a question, is there any application that supports DJI Mini 2 for planning flights with autopilot (for mapping). If there is, what is the name of this application? If not, when can we expect such an application?

EDIT:
I just clued in that I was referencing the original Mini. The Mini 2, Mini SE and Air 2S are not supported by any automated software at this time. Supposedly they will release the SDK at the beginning of next near but personally that would be surprising… I’ll leave the content below for Mavic Mini users…

At this time Dronelink is the most popular but be aware that you will need at least the Elite Hobby version ($99) for very basic mapping or the Growth Business plan ($39.99/month) to get some of the options that DroneDeploy has. Also understand that this is a joystick waypoint solution which is automated but requires that the drone and RC stay in contact or it will pause the mission. I don’t think this is too much of a problem with a Mini as they don’t go to far before you loose VLOS so make sure to follow that regulation. Last but not least they do not have a processing solution for the monthly plans but you can process your images in any photogrammetry software that supports UAV imagery.