Compatibility with the Mavic air 2

I know this is probably premature, but I currently have a mavic air that frankly doesn’t cut it for mapping, does anyone know if the mavic air 2 will be compatible, and if the SDK is available to create waypoint missions?

10 Likes

No way this will be used for mapping. I hope they at least don’t truncate the coords in the geotags. Oh yeah, and the “48MP” photos is a misleading marketing ploy. Same as the M2 Zoom…

Kind of like how a standard 360 pano is 200MP…

When or willDrone Deploy support the newly launched Mavic Air 2?

2 Likes

Hi there! We do have plans to support the Mavic Air 2, however, because it is so new and was just released, I, unfortunately, do not have a timeline of when we will be officially supporting this drone. As soon as support is official and rolled out, we will update the article, Recommended and Supported Drones on our Support Site, so please do keep a lookout there for the Mavic Air 2.

6 Likes

Ok many thanks - look forward to it.

3 Likes

Hi, any updates or time frame on when this could be available? I crashed my mavic 2 pro and the repair is almost as expensive as a mavic air 2. looking to make a decision soon

3 Likes

Hi,
At the end of June i need a drone so i will buy one. I really want to buy Mavic Air 2, it’s cheaper (?) and seems that is also better than 1st Mavic Air. Is there any chance that drone deploy will be compatible with Mavic Air 2 by that time? Otherwise i’d go for 1sr Mavic Air ( :frowning: ).
Thanks.

2 Likes

I would also really like an idea of timelines with the air 2. I need a portable mapping drone with good battery so it’s a bit of a stand out choice if it can actually map!

2 Likes

Just got my Air 2 a couple days ago. Love it so far. I am new to mapping and I am hoping that they make it compatible soon!

2 Likes

Hi Danielle,
Any updates on a timeline for mavic air 2 support? I haven’t used drone deploy before, but have been stung with drones at work that couldn’t use it. I’m looking to make my own purchase now, and while I don’t need it right away, if it’s going to be a long time coming that will definitely influence my decision. Even the roughest idea would be great - ie are we looking at weeks, a couple of months, or next year sometime?
Thanks!

4 Likes

@Gabriella I, unfortunately, do not have a timeline for when we will be supporting this drone as it is so new. Our engineers are listening and understand the need and want for the support to be rolled out as soon as possible. We will be sure to keep our users updated when we know more.

1 Like

Hello Danielle, any update on this ?

1 Like

Hi there @ilopez14 ! We do not have any update on this as of yet. Once we start to test the drone and roll out support, we will be sure to let everyone know!

We appreciate your patience during this process!

2 Likes

NO. Até agora não tem nenhum aplicativo para o processamento.

Hopefully, you will approve some flights for the DJI Mavic Air 2 (my drone). Would look forward to working with you folks! Thanks. Don in Denver

1 Like

You know, its not really that hard to fly a path yourself clicking the photo botton (or even record video and slice video into individual frames). We do this all the time with the Mavic mini in farming and get great result. I would rather though DroneDeploy support these drones, so i could do other things like drink coffee and lookout for crop dusters

Howdy,

I myself have a DJI Mavic Mini. I was hoping to use it for designing a garden, measurements to scale etc. What exactly are you using your mavic mini for with what “farming” and what “great result”. And “flying a path” do you mean, for example, do you mean the history log that tracks where your drone starts and finishes - where it flys in the DJI app?

What do you mean by all that? What are you doing? Do you have a scale? Other software used? Cheers. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Cameron_Horner

You can use the Mavic Mini for garden mapping via Opendronemap. You just need to conduct flights and take pics manually, so you require some understanding of photogrammetry and image overlay.

1 Like

Hi Danielle! Any update for the compatibility? I can’t wait to use the app with my mavic air 2

1 Like