Want to start a drone business

Hello everyone,

I am drone operator from EU and I do only video&photo jobs for clients, but this is very saturated market here (I guess everywhere) and I think it is time to move on.

I used trial DroneDeploy and I think the app is amazing. It seems very easy and intituitive. I made 3D model out of 500 photos of my school and I was really surprised how good and accurate it was.

I find options in DroneDeploy amazing. You can measure, you can count the plants etc. and I love it.

DroneDeploy is a great solution for construction, agriculture people THEMSELVES and the question is:

How do you provide your services using DroneDeploy to your clients? Do they need to have DroneDeploy subscription as well? Do you provide some reports only to your clients?

I would like to start, but I am a bit confused as the pricing is at this moment too high for me.

2 Likes

Hi there! And welcome to the DroneDeploy forum. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I think this is a great place for insight and answers from our industry members and drone professionals.

To get started on some of the ways you can use DroneDeploy, you may consider checking out our help center, where we detail each individual offering DroneDeploy has! Some great places to start:

Roof Reporting with Drones
Conducting Inspections with Drones
Ground Capture and Walkthrough ā† Not aerial image, but an up and coming market for construction and progress tracking

Hope this helps with some idea for ways to use DroneDeploy.

Iā€™ve never noticed any underlying problems. My search works fine.

Itțs always good to explore new avenues. DroneDeploy does seem like an amazing app, doesnā€™t it? I was blown away by its capabilities when I tried it out. The 3D modeling feature sounds fantastic, especially with its accuracy. As for providing services using DroneDeploy, I believe clients donā€™t necessarily need to have a subscription themselves. You can generate reports and share them with your clients directly. Itā€™s a great way to showcase the insights and measurements you can provide.

However, I do understand that the pricing might be a bit steep at the moment, making it a tough decision.
Have any of you checked out ā€œThe Ultimate SEO Guide to Google Search Operatorsā€? Itā€™s resource that highlights The Best Google Search Operators for SEO. It might help us all find some useful information related to our businesses.

First off, kudos for exploring new horizons in the drone biz!

Navigating the pricing can be tricky, right? For sure, reaching out to clients with DroneDeploy subscriptions might make collaboration smoother, but not everyone might be on board. You could explore packaging your services with the necessary features, maybe providing specific reports tailored to their needs.And hey, if pricingā€™s a hurdle, maybe thereā€™s room for some creative Company Voluntary Arrangements in your business plan ā€“ gotta keep those drone dreams soaring! Excited to see your drone business take flight!

Greetings fellow drone operator! I understand the challenges of a saturated market and the need to explore new opportunities. Itā€™s fantastic to hear that you found DroneDeploy to be an amazing app with its intuitive interface and impressive capabilities, such as creating accurate 3D models and measurements. When it comes to providing services to your clients using DroneDeploy, you have the flexibility to generate reports and share comprehensive insights with them. While your clients donā€™t necessarily need a DroneDeploy subscription, you can leverage the platformā€™s reporting features to create customized analyses that cater to their specific needs. Although pricing may be a concern, itā€™s worth exploring different plans and promotions offered by DroneDeploy to find a suitable fit for your budget. Remember to start small, build a strong portfolio, and focus on nurturing relationships with clients who can appreciate the value that DroneDeploy brings to their projects. Wishing you success on your journey, and if you have any further questions or need assistance, donā€™t hesitate to reach out.