Viewing GeoTIFF in Google Earth - Buildings hide my image

I have exported a GEOTIFF, and uploaded it to google earth. I don’t see the image. If I select the image and right click on properties, and change the altitude to be greater than the height of the “real” buildings on site, my image is viewable. When I clamp it back to the ground, I don’t see my image again. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you have 3D buildings turned off. You might even turn off terrain oh, but you shouldn’t have to.

3D buildings were off, but the problem was the terrain.
Follow up question: the image is now showing, but annotations (such as measurements) on the map are hidden. Is there a way to tell google to put the annotations over the image (other than making the image partially transparent)?

1 Like

If you have terrain on do you have it set drape to the surface? Did you do a superoverlay?

Normally a notations do not export with the map. Are you talkin about a PDF overlay?

Sorry - I meant annotations in google earth.

1 Like

Okay, so you’ve met measurements and polygons and such in Google? I think that still has something to do with the altitude settings. I’m surprised that terrain is messing with it. Can you make a KML file and share it? You can message a link to me if it is sensitive.

I tried to upload KML file here and in a message, but it says I can only upload an image file.

1 Like