Phantom 4 Pro V2 Crash with Drone Deploy - no logs

I was doing a regular monthly mapping job on a large solar farm. I was on day two of mapping. The preflight checks completed and I hit start flight. The drone raised to 200 feet, hovered for a moment then took off in the direction of the first waypoint (I had a photo plan selected). Within less than a minute, I heard a pop the drone fell out the sky. I still haven’t found the drone as it’s in a solar farm and very hard to have access to. I tried using DJI find my drone but it last had my drone at the location I took off from. The only log file I could find for DD is going into my apple phone, but the log has no data. I will continue to try find my drone, but I am really interested in what happened. Can you shed any light on why DD didn’t create a log file in the app?

1 Like

Hearing a pop from that distance sounds like a battery failure or a board could have shorted and caused the battery to overload. Unless the pop was it hitting something like a bird. Sorry for your loss. It happens to all of us at some point in time whether it’s equipment failure or operator error. I gotten one hung 80-100ft up in a tree that is still there 3 years later. It’s next to a creek so there’s no way to get up there. In the 8 years i’ve been flying I had 3 equipment failures (mainboard, battery an an ESC) so don’t feel bad.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. It’s my first crash, so I’m still trying to figure out how it happened. I have almost 600 miles of flying. Flight number 617 was the one. It didn’t hit anything as there are no trees or anything above the solar panels. The pop I believe came from the drone. It tumbled but it goes down so quickly. Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like