PDF Overlay Text

Good morning from Texas! We are having some issues with the overlay process creating boxes around text from the CAD. This does not happen all the time so I suspect it is possibly the font that is used that is not crossing overlay. I know we have also had issues in the past with text on exported DD reports coming through garbled in a local PDF reader and the tech team could not tell me which font DD was using so I am also assuming the font is causing issues in the other direction as well.

Is there anything we can test to see if the font from CAD can be supported and that the text from DD can be made more common? The text in the CAD is the Standard font, non-annotative.

Reviving and old thread…

This is becoming more important as we also providing services to owners and developers and they want the lot information on the overlay.

We use Civil 3D to print the CAD linework to a PDF for the overlays. We have had times (increasingly) where the text is turning into boxes. Has anyone else seen this? We’re trying to figure out if there is anything in particular that is causing this. I have a feeling that it is happening because the CAD DWG to PDF “printer” maintains all the layers and colors and DroneDeploy can’t understand what to do with it. I just can’t figure out why it is not consistent.