New update on Android 2.56.0-2.56.1 Crashing

Great program and it worked great on my tablet but with the latest update it crashes after it runs checklist and and you press check mark. At first it was saying that waypoints did not load. I have unistalled and reinstalled but no luck. Any suggestions

Hi @Nick1,

Thanks for swinging by the DroneDeploy forum. I have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind.

1. What is the make and model of your Android tablet and what Android version is it running?
  2. Is it listed on our page of Supported Devices (Mobile and Tablet)?
  3. Have you tested out a different mobile device?
  4. Have you tried clearing the cache and deleting data in your Android tablet and then rebooting your device?

We’ll start with these.

1. It is a LG-V520. Andoid version 7.0 with Dec 1, 2016 patch. Kernel version is 3.10.84
    2.No
    3.No
    4.Yes and Yes and reloaded the software minimum apps are on tablet as it only runs my drone.

One note the version that I am using is still showing the trial version where as my computer is show explorer version.

Hi @Nick1,

Thanks for getting back to me. Is it possible for you to test on a different device, such as one listed on our Supported Devices page? I’d like to see if the issue is isolated to this mobile device or not.

Keep me in the loop,
Christina

Sorry I have no other

Hi @Nick1,

I suggest updating all of your devices firmwares if they’re not up to date already, but as a note, if your device is not listed on our page of Supported Devices, there’s no guarantee that DroneDeploy will or should work as intended.

Cheers,
Christina

Can you tell me why my profile shows trial but I logon thru a computer it does not? Could it be a conflict of profiles?

I have got it to stop crashing but when I go to fly I get checks on everything and I hit the flashing checkmark and nothing happens. It is having trouble using waypoints. Is there a problem using google maps with this and how do I turn it off? Can you delete my old profile and I can start with a new one?

I have it now that waypoints are not loading. This seems to be an issue with other users as well. Can you tell me what to do to fix this?

I’m having the same problem with my P3 advanced and my device. I was originally using a Galaxy Tab S2, which I see was no longer a supported device as of October, so I switch to my S8 and got the same error message (unable to upload mission), and again when I tried it on my iPad. I uninstalled the app multiple times on each device with no luck and I am operating with the latest firmware version on my phantom.

I also noticed on a different forum thread that is now locked that DroneDeploy will eventually stop supporting the P3. Is that all P3 standard or all P3 models?

Can I roll back the new software? The older version worked fine. Right now DD is unusable.

I cannot use DD as of right now with the latest android update. It will not load waypoints. Can you send me the previous version so I can use it again?

Hi @Austin,

We currently do not support the P3 Standard but we do support the P3 Pro/Advanced. For your reference, here’s our list of Supported Drones.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi @Nick1,

Can you provide screenshots of what you’re seeing in your computer vs. the mobile app? Also, as previously mentioned, DroneDeploy is not guaranteed to work on devices that are not listed on our Supported Devices (Mobile and Tablet) page.

Cheers,
Christina

I have loaded on a approved Apple. I get the same results waypoints fail to load

I had dd on a Android device. Since it was not on approved list you would not help. It had worked fine untill recent app update. So I loaded it on a approved Apple device and I get the same error. Now what?

Hi @Nick1,

If possible, can you please post updates on your existing thread? It will be easier for me and my team to assist you with all the info in one place.

Can you provide screenshots of the error message you are seeing as well as info about the iOS device you’re using (model, iOS version, and DroneDeploy app version)?

Thanks,
Christina

It says waypoints failed to load. Also on my profile when I logon from computer shows in my settings as current plan as Explorer. When I open DD on any app device it shows as Pro (trial) There are two things that have happened since DD stopped working I came off of Pro (trial). And app auto updated. Before both of this DD worked great!! The apple is a iPad.
I have two questions: why would my profile show two different plan and not sync now, and can I have the older version of software that worked. Please don’t use the cop out answer of not approved hardware. I have been in IT a long time and based on what I am reading I’m not the only one having the same error.

Hi @Nick1,

Thanks for providing me additional info so I can look into this for you. We have a list of supported devices to let users know that these are the devices we have tested our software on and devices that our software should work on. While others may be reporting the same symptoms, it is not a guarantee that the issue is the exact same, which is why I needed more details about the devices you’re using, what app versions you have installed, and what OS you are running.

Cheers,
Christina