New update on Android 2.56.0-2.56.1 Crashing

OS is android 7.0 V52020K Where is the software version listed? It is the latest that is in the app store. It almost looks like waypoints are corrupt. That why I am wondering about profile.

2.56.0-2.56.1 is the software version.

Hi @Nick1,

Can you share more details (model, iOS version, DroneDeploy app version) about the iOS device you also had this issue with?

I have given you all this stuff a couple of times

Hi @Nick1,

Sorry if I missed it but all I see is that you used an iPad, not the specific generation or the iOS version and DroneDeploy app version you have on the iPad. The Android device you’re using is currently not listed on our page of Supported Devices, thus it is not guaranteed to work even if it has before.

Let’s review the facts as we know them. DD has been on this tablet for 60 days and has worked well Everytime. The only thing else loaded is DJI Go
This tablet is used for nothing else not even email. It stopped working when the latest update to DD autmaticly loaded. It has made it DD useless
All the latest bios and controller updates and is are to the latest version. Now let’s start there what changed in that update that could cause a problem with waypoints loading? Let’s try sending me the app that worked before his and see what happens
If it looks like a duck and sounds like duck…
Try to approach this from customer point of view and ask what did DD do to cause this problem.

Hi @Nick1,

As previously mentioned, even if the app has worked without issue before, if your device is not listed on our page of Supported Devices, there is no guarantee that DroneDeploy will or should continue working as we have not tested and guaranteed unlisted devices to work with our software.

With that being said, you mentioned you experienced the same issue on an iOS device that is listed on our Supported Devices page. Can you share the details I requested in my last post?

I am sincerely trying to help you, but I cannot help if you are unable to work with me and share the info needed to get the ball rolling.

You have yet to answer my questions. When you do that we can go forward

Hi @Nick1 I was taking a look at our logs and I see a lot of odd errors when sending waypoints to your drone and a few other errors which make me thing something else is going on. The fact that the error occurs for you on Android and iOS reinforces that theory that it is something on the actual drone.

Did you recently update the firmware on the drone? Are you able to downgrade to test out whether that helps?

Can you try planning your mission, manually taking the drone off to about 10 meters or so, then clicking start mission within DroneDeploy to see if that helps?

Also I loaded it on Moto phone same error. So an apple iPad, a Moto phone, and tablet I get the same error. Let’s ask ourselves what causes waypoint to fail. I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem. And the fix is easy send me old app. A

I had updated fist of July but I had flowrnissions since then

I will try that tommorow

It worked!! Can you tell me why that made a difference for my own education? Thanks so much for your help!

Glad to hear it worked. You were seeing a new error that DJI introduced either in their sdk or a firmware update recently. We are working with them to determine if we can avoid it or they need to fix it.
For some reason the drone thinks it’s already taking off so it doesn’t try to takeoff again.

I’m confused the waypoints load before take off

Can i reinstall a https://mobile-phone-tracker.org mobile recorder after this update?