Mission continuation issues

Team,

I have noticed that during Pano and Photo maps, if the battery gets low and the drone initiates RTH, when the batteries are swapped, it starts the entire mission over. Is there a solution to this? I know it’s probably smarter to start those with fresh batteries, but I’m curious. The other day I had one photo left to capture on a photo map and when I swapped the batteries out, it started all the way over.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Sorry it happened to you but that’s a good catch and heads-up. Unlike mapping flight the other flight modes work in a different manner and do not have precision point return so you need to plan according to and keep you eye on the battery.

I have had the same problem while in mapping flight mode. It wants to start at the original start point. Fortunately I caught it quickly and flew the map in reverse.

Ah, that makes so much sense. Thank you for your insight. I now know to plan smarter. You’ve made me a better pilot!

1 Like

I was unaware that that was an option! Do you do that for regular mapping or only in the various modes? Thanks!

No, I mentioned mapping only because the other commentator made a distinction. I am not aware of another mode. I only do ag maps, so limited in experience to all the other things people do with drones. I rarely ever do a battery change except sometimes when the wind and heat causes more battery usage. I have done the same 18 fields for 6 years, so rarely change a battery but lately both times I had to change it, it started the flight all over.

Ah, okay that makes sense. I appreciate the time you’ve taken to help me out. You’re the best!

This is a good trick. I’ve used it myself a few times in several different flight apps. Software just sometimes does that, lol.

I dont have issues with resuming, i usually am connected to hotspot when flying so might be related to that, but one solution is to just break up the flight into smaller submissions that you can guarantee will conplete in one battery

1 Like

I only do ag maps, so limited in experience to all the other things people do with drones. I rarely ever do a battery change except sometimes when the wind and heat causes more battery usage. I have done the same 18 fields for 6 years, so rarely change a battery but lately both times I had to change it, it started the flight all over.