Mavic Air Compatibility with DroneDeploy

So does droneharmony

Do you have a date for Mavic Air Support

Hi everyone,

We do not have a date to announce or share at this time. As noted, we will update our pages promptly and make an announcement when support is officially provided for the Mavic Air. We are a fairly small team here so please bear with us.

Thanks,
Christina

Hi Christina,
You have news?

I would also be interested in using DroneDeploy. I flew a quarry yesterday with the Mavic Air manually and would be really happy to preplan my surveys. Any news on availability?

Hi all,

I do not have any updates. We promise we will share this as soon as we officially support it.

Cheers,
Christina

2 Likes

Hi Christina and all,

While Mavic Air is all the rage, I was more curious whatā€™s with the silence about the support for Mavic Pro Platinum?

Quite detailed reasons for delay with Mavic Air support were given by DroneDeploy but what makes Platinum one so different from regular Mavic Pro that after all this time thereā€™s still nothing on it. Would be informative to know :mortar_board:

With its flight time and range due to OcuSync while still being portable, I found it a better tool than Mavic Air for mapping need of larger areas.
Though someone mentioned Mavic Platinumā€™s narrower angle of view, I actually prefer it as it allows me to clear taller structures while keeping the same px/cm resolution.

Looking forward to your input, everyone.
Cheers!

Yes but that donā€™t fix the geotag precision. Not easy to do right mapping with bad geotag.

There nobody knowing someone from DJI to know the next release of SDK and if this issue will be fix ?

Hi @Autoperformance,

We do not have any insight on DJIā€™s release schedule.

Cheers,
Christina

Please make it happen. I lost my Spark but wasnā€™t too concerned because it doesnt support waypoints. So i got a mavic Air assuming it would work with Drone Deploy only to find it doesnt,ā€¦ YET! Please guys, Itā€™s totally possible.

This is not Amazon. But here is my offer! Im selling my Mavic Air. Reason: Incompatibility with DD.

For those who wanna buy a Mavic Air+DD. Dont do it.

Im pretty sure that DD company is loosing a lot of money due to this incompatibility.

Come on. Time is money. DD is loosing money. Costumers too.

1 Like

Hi @bernardopaiva,

I wish it were that easy to support the Mavic Air, but DroneDeploy is reliant on the DJI SDK, and as stated in previous posts and on our Supported Drones page, we are waiting on their next SDK release to patch a couple issues. There are things out of our control - we will support it when everything is working to our standards.

Cheers,
Christina

I have use DD with Mavic air Data, Mapping with Mavic Air is not as simple as it should but is still possible.

First of all, it has reliable geotagg but in a different field in the exif data.
second, you can fly manually or use Flight Plan for DJI drones app. I have use it in iOS, but is not free.

In the following link you could see a little area I flew with the app I mentioned above
http://www.dronedeploy.com/app2/data/5b00a0a49e11cda8af6e657b;jwt_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJ0eXBlIjoiUmVhZE9ubHlQbGFuIiwiaWQiOiI1YjAwYTBhNDllMTFjZGE4YWY2ZTY1N2IiLCJleHAiOjI1MzQwMjMwMDc5OX0.QgIDZ_hchsC4zDPEK3EeWgnhoNrhHEvkMwlRjuLaaFA3GD7czIw6sT00CbB26eCOc8rLXNVTUvttKaHH5hEsBw

To see geoTagg and other information in exif data, you can use exiftool (https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/) and run this command exiftool -csv -r your_folder > out.csv
GPS Altitude is only the flight altitude, so to get absolute altitude you should add the elevation of the place.

I have process Mavic Images in DroneDeploy and Pix4d and got good result, of course is easier buy another drone however if you want to try Mavic Air you could do what I told you.

1 Like

I have used the Mavic Air and while it lands almost perfectly on the home pad its GPS isnā€™t as accurate as the P4P. I get more variation in flight to flight comparison. This doesnā€™t make sense to me?

Its the geo tags embedded in the image. The GPS is fine but DJI crippled the geotags by rounding to the nearest second of lat and lon. Leaves a ton of room for error.

1 Like

The problem is only the Geotagging. Because Drone Harmony work perfectly for a survey mapping. Very well made to with the path the drone will do. So you can see possible collision. Other thing you can put layer with variable height to informe the drone there are building etc. You should try.

Is the app available for iOS? I canā€™t find it in the AppStore

Any update on this? Every thread I see points back here and itā€™s been 6 months.

Lets wait DD app opponents release itā€™s version. Im pretty sure they will release before DD.

Time is money.