Mavic 2 Pro Compatibility

I’ve been planning to buy a Phantom 4 Pro and use DroneDeploy mostly for ag purposes.

Now that the new Mavic 2 Pro is launched, it sounds like the camera advantage of the P4P2 is no longer.

Would Mavic 2 Pro be DroneDeploy compatible now, or is there any testing/development work that would precede its use with the new drone?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @sailon1,

We don’t officially support the Mavic 2. Before we add any support for a new drone, it goes through rigorous testing and there must be DJI SDK support available.

Cheers,
Christina

2 Likes

Has anyone tried to fly a mission with mavic 2?

1 Like

Would anyone risk it? Even if it managed to take off? :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I’m not sure it will get very far if DD haven’t yet incorporated its SDK into the app and that won’t of course happen until DJI have released it.

1 Like

@Christina Any ETA on when you’ll support Mavic 2?

1 Like

Afaik, DJI already supports Mavic 2 in their SDK.

1 Like

@Christina, there are a date to release this gain whit magic 2 pro?

1 Like

I did. It wouldn’t connect the app to the drone.

2 Likes

I’d love to know as well. Lots of people have bought the MP2 and would love to see how the new camera would work with Drone Deploy. It would be nice to know a status

1 Like

Hi @sailon1, @hmnd, @davileite, @mkg,
At the moment we do not yet have an official ETA on the Mavic 2 Pro compatibility with DroneDeploy but drones are in the air! We will update the Supported Drones page when the Mavic 2 Pro is ready to Rock n Roll with DroneDeploy!

Best,
Erika

1 Like

I also wanted to express my interest in seeing DD support the M2P sooner than latter please!

1 Like

Here too! Went to go take it for a test run only to discover it is no supported yet! Ready and waiting with baited breath!

1 Like

@Erika_Houseman seria de gran ayuda que la aplicacion de drone deploy sea compatible con mavic 2 pro ya que algunas personas la usamos para fotogrametria, erika ayudanos porfavor…!!

1 Like

when will you support the mavic 2 pro

1 Like

Read @Erika_Houseman post above.

Hi @Erika_Houseman,

Do you think it’s a matter of weeks / months?

Thanks,
m.

2 Likes

DRONEDEPLOY still does not work with Mavic 2 Pro?

1 Like

Hello @Andres_Almeida, @avii_shovakar, @Maciej_Urbanczyk, @brunoufrrj182,

There is not an official ETA on the Mavic 2 yet. Please continue to check the Supported Drones page within the next month or so. Our engineers are working extremely hard to get this device ready for support.

Best,
Erika

4 Likes

I’m super excited to use drone deploy, so sad that its taking so long to bring in compatibility :frowning:
Is it a low priority or was the change so different from Mavic 1 that it takes this long to update?

1 Like

Hello all,

The moment you have all been waiting for …(drum roll please)… The Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom is officially supported by DroneDeploy on IOS! I can’t wait to see the awesome maps you all are able to create using this newly supported drone. Please check out the supported drones page for more information. :slight_smile:

Happy flying,
Erika

1 Like