Mavic 3E Image Types - Zoom, RTK and Non RTK Data

This is my situation. I work directly for a commercial GC and last week I flew one of my projects that I fly weekly. I typically do an RTK enabled mapping mission to track progress and for design drawing overlays. I like to fly with RTK enabled whenever possible since the data I collect each week can be used in many different ways by the project team. While doing my usual RTK mapping mission I was asked to fly the exterior façade of the building to evaluate the precast concrete wall panels for cracking or damage. To get the detailed images of small cracks on the building facades I had to fly manually using the DJI Pilot App so all those images do not have RTK corrections. In addition, I used the zoom feature on my Mavic 3E to capture closeups of the cracking I discovered.

I have a few questions about how I should handle this. My goal is to have a highly visually accurate 3D model of the building so that I can identify and locate all the cracking issues within the 3D model on DroneDeploy for easy viewing by my project team.

Question 1. What happens to my map and model if I upload RTK enabled image data and non RTK image data? Is this a bad idea? For this project specifically I don’t care as much about having an RTK corrected map, I care much more about having a visually detailed and accurate 3D model.

Question 2. Can I upload “Zoomed” in images from the M3E along with regular images in the standard “Wide” angle lens setting that the M3E normally shoots in for an automated mapping/modeling mission? Will this give the 3D model more detail where I have “zoomed” image data?

What will happen if I upload all three image types to the same “Map Plan”? Again - my goal is to have a visually detailed 3D model over all else.

Thanks!

1 Like