Is it possible to upload custom basemaps?

After some digging, it seems I can’t find much on the subject so here I am asking the experts.

Is it possible with Drone deploy to upload your own basemap, whether it be a pdf map or geotiff for planning purposes? I work in the forestry industry and a lot of times the satellite imagery just isn’t recent enough to create an efficient plan (think surveying newly built logging roads). KMZ uploading using arcmap is interesting but I find it only works for mapping operations as opposed to linear “corridor” flights. Manual flying kind of works but definitely doesn’t make maps as well and isn’t as battery friendly as a preset flight path in my extremely limited experience.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can bring in existing orthos but I haven’t done it so I don’t know if they can be referenced in planning. Corridor flight does not currently have KML import yet but it is being worked on. We still use Litchi if we have something tricky or no way to guage where it should be on the standard outdated base map.

Hey Michael,

Appreciate you replying

You mention being able to bring in existing orthos. This sounds interesting and I wouldn’t mind trying it. I may be blind but I don’t see an option to; could this be a licensing thing? I only have the basic version.

Thanks a million,
-Brenden

1 Like
1 Like

You’re a livesaver!

I think this is exactly what I was looking for

Thanks a ton and have a good weekend

1 Like

Sweet! Glad it worked for you. Enjoy your weekend!