Drone Deploy destroyed my new P4 pro on its first mission!

What was it’s battery in the logs when you saw it land? Maybe it was really far away and couldn’t get home with the battery remaining?

Hi Larry,

I’m very sorry to hear about your situation. It’s extremely difficult to hear about any incidents of this nature, but we assure you that your report is received very seriously at DroneDeploy. Have you spoken to anyone at DroneDeploy regarding your incident?

We would first like to understand exactly what happened so that we can properly triage your case. If you prefer to discuss the specifics over a call, please provide your number and the best time to reach you. Do you believe the drone strayed from the intended path? What was the name of the flight plan that this incident occurred on? Please do let us know so we can investigate further.

Again, your success is crucial to our success as a community. We will always do our best to help, especially in unfortunate situations like this. Please feel free to contact us at any time for updates to your case.

Best,
Nipul Roy

Larry, I am hearing the same message again except this time it’s for you -

1. Operator error
  2. Hardware fault

Just do as I did - buy a replacement drone and continue to carry out beta testing for DD/DJI at your personal expense.

Hi @Daniel777,

If you have any questions or concerns with DroneDeploy, feel free to send me an email at nipul@dronedeploy.com.

Thank you,
Nipul

Thank you for the checklist – I recommend adding one:

Set Battery Thresholds for Return to Home (RTH)

I hope this helps,
Steven