Compatibility with the Mavic air 2

as you know, no matter how much you trust your software, your equipment and judgement… when you lose signal, it’s pppppucccker factor. On my first DD flight, my radio was dying (I shot manual first, then did a mapping), so I thought 50-50… let’s bet on DD and let the radio die…
In dronelink (and I think DD as well), it does the mission until the craft hits RTH notifications (25%), stops the mission, returns to home, you swap the battery, then resume the mission with a fresh battery. On battery swaps I usually manually fly back to “around” the last successful capture, and then resume mission.
I think it was a 4 battery mission at 250’.
DL doesn’t support the Mini 2 yet. It does everything else, I think - Mini, MA2, MP, MP2, etc.

2 Likes

The P4 is comparatively less smooth than the Mavic. You’ll know the difference when you’ll fly the two drones side by side.

It’s Mainly the Controller
The control sticks are not like those of the Mavic ones. It feels like I’m flying a very different drone. As a Mavic user, it’ll take time to get used to the Phantom series

I’m now thinking about getting a DJI SMART CONTROLLER but will it work with P4 Pro V2??

One-time meant 1-time purchase. that is you can use DL unlimitedly after the purchase.

yes, the Smart Controller is compatible with: DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

I have one, and the biggest benefits for me are:

a) not having to mess with a phone or tablet opening the right app, being plugged in correctly, having enough battery, etc.
b) not having notifications distract during flight
c) (which is almost #1) Bright Screen - " At 1000 cd/m2, the display is approximately twice as bright as conventional smart device screens." it is better in the sunlight than a phone or tablet.
d) battery life: 2.5 hours (advertised). When it is getting low, I hook it up to a USB power pack.

I totally think it is worth the investment.

1 Like

The price, Omg. I can buy another MA2.

Makes sense to me! Yes, the Smart Controller will work the P4P but only V2.0, not the original. The Smart Controller will not work with DroneDeploy and Pix4D says “We don’t know why I wouldn’t work but we have not tested it.” and I have not seen anyone successfully get it to work as it should.

1 Like

Thanks but I can’t afford the Smart Controller with my money.

DJI should make KIDNEY as a Payment Method.

1 Like

I have tested Drone Link on the MA2. It performs well. Like others have stated, use caution while operating like in any situation. I recommend WEB ODM Desktop for post processing the ortho-mosaic and DEMs.

1 Like

I process images using DJI TERRA. It can process 1000 images in just 5 mins. (2D)

NOTE: It uses my RTX 3090 graphics card and Core i9-10900K CPU at the same time

1 Like

Isn’t DJI Terra $1,200 / year?

2 Likes

What kind of processing? Even with that equipment there’s no way you can promise a full Ortho and DTM.

Currently the trial version I’m using

Idk how but it does processed about 987 or 977 I say 900+ photos within 5mins in front of me.

Well that’s a good sign! Now we just need to see an S behind it.

1 Like

Daniel, tudo bem?
Você conseguiu rodar automático com o Mavic Air 2?

Wally

Optei por adquirir o Air 2 S. Aguardarei a liberação do SDK e que os aplicativos suportem. Espero.

I choosed to acquire the Air 2 S. I’ll wait for the SDK and hope that APPs will support ir. I hope.

Daniel Azevedo

Dronedeploy isn’t working yet for MA2, right?

I connect with Dronedeploy but Camera test fail in Preflights check…

1 Like

so you mean A2 S supports waypoints??