Compatibility with the Mavic air 2

Basically the latest is that it is showing up in camera selection and is allowing planning, although the calculations may not be correct but it still is not officially supported. Note that the line item is for the MA2 not the MA2S.

There is Mavic air 2 camera. Means that the camera is supported but the drone itself is not. Dji must first update dji fly to allow waypoint missions, right?

2 Likes

Correct and the mavic air 2s has a different camera.

What do you guys think DJI is releasing next? Mavic 3 or Mavic Mini 3??

If it’s Mavic 3, I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Olá Cleyton,
Nós também adquirimos um Mavic Air 2, e estamos com dificuldades em encontrar um app que faça planejamento de voo e “converse” com o drone. Se tiver alguma solução e puder compartilhar fico grato.
Também estou a procura do app para trabalhar., ainda mais no Android…

Use the app “Drone Harmony”, there’s some tutorial on youtube.
Usa esse app, tem tutorial no youtube. Eu passei pro Air 2s, desencanei no momento.

1 Like

Obrigado pela resposta.
Eu encontrei o DH e testei, funcionou redondo com MA2.

Is the MA2 compatible now?? I see that the MA2 is showing on DD.

1 Like

If it says MA2, yes, but if it says MA2 Camera, no.

MavicAir 2 still fails the camera check in Drone Deploy…I got the newest firmware, I still got another 7 days of trial. Do you guys think is it possible to get that working?

1 Like

Nope. Still nothin’. What’s up with serious bugs… You’d think there would be a little more detail.

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: Bugs Life :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m late to the discussion but will second this. I fly both P4P v2 and MP2 and of course it’s just my preference but the MP2 is more stable in air and the controls are noticeably smoother, especially the joystick returning to middle. For whatever reason, the P4P v2 joystick feels loose in the center position.

Mapping Accuracy - P4P is the clear winner
Marketing level photos/video - I’d go with the MP2 every time[quote="MichaelL, post:178, topic:15252,

2 Likes

100%! I think the back pressure is too light and the sticks are too long. It makes it very hard to maintain long curves.

1 Like

I second that 100%. The P4P is terrible for manual video flight, especially during cold weather when your fingers are stiff. I do mostly auto mapping stuff and let my clients know that I don’t do fancy video shots. Many of them require shots in tight spaces at low altitudes, which I’m too uncomfortable with flying the Phantom. Of course, I could purchase a Mav or something, but hey, I’m a mapper, not videographer.

1 Like

I’m the outlier. I can fly either smoothly with the correct aircraft settings. And if there is a breeze, the P4P is way more stable, thus smooth to control. But I’ve been flying Phantoms since v.1 so it’s probably just me.

2 Likes

Yeah, That’s what I meant. I Regret it now. I should have bought the M2P instead of the P4P. :cry:

1 Like

Yeah that’s it. Phantom users like you and @MichaelL will say it is good. But after using a Mavic, No Way. Mavic is way better to fly.

I humbly request @MichaelL and you fly a Mavic Drone. If you’re a good pilot with Phantom, You’ll be the best Pilot with Mavic. :100:

I have a personal M2P but all of our company’s mapping is done with P4P’s and Yuneec H520’s. The Mavic is easier to fly manually but that’s not what we do and no the maps aren’t as good and it takes more battery to get similar results.

I have a couple Mavic 2s. They are definitely dialed. I can get equally cinematic smoothness with a P4P.
@Shahriar Are your P4P aircraft and gimbal parameters dialed for smoothness? If not, I can understand why you would think it is harsh. They are not set for cinematic by default.

3 Likes