Missing location on map

When planning a flight of a B&B I can locate the property on google maps but when I try to do the same on the drone deploy app (also on the web interface) it does not appear. If I zoom in on the app it appears for just an instant on the app then disappears.

I noticed this on Oct 11, 2017 and then went to fly, thinking I could at least use the location info to find the property. That was Oct 12, 2017. The only way I could create a flight plan was to have a browser window open to google maps (which shows the property, a view from 3 years ago) and another browser open to the flight plan and then guess where I should fly.

The property is located at 42°11’25.8"N 72°10’57.1"W

I was flying both a Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro using an iPad Mini as my mobile device (which had an active wifi link to the owners wifi system).

Hi @Rick,

Have you tried shapefile planning instead of using Google Earth to plan your flights? I recommend taking a look at Shapefile or Google Earth KML Flight Planning.

Cheers,
Christina

Hi Christina - OK so that I understand the KML…

1. I go to google earth and outline the polygon for the flight, export the kml…

2. I then import the kml file into dronedeply using the KML app

That gives me the shape of the flight boundaries even though I cannot see the actual image anymore in dronedeploy , correct? (as in the second image). I am not supposed to be able to see the actual image that I had in google earth (or did I do something wrong?)

Thanks

Hi @Rick,

This behavior is expected and there is currently no workaround.

Cheers,
Christina