Inspire NDVI problems

Since I am new to all of this I’m just asking questions that I have been asked by others so I can’t really explain what I mean by different scales. I know how to use your software to generate a map onsite by opening and moving the points (box as I call it) over the area I want to map and fly the mission, upload to dashboard and see the maps after processing. What I am trying to learn since this is all new to me is what I am actually seeing once the map is done. I was mapping a school yesterday next to a field with cattle. The farmer saw me and came over to ask me questions about my drone and what it could do. When I told him he asked me the question about the scales…of course I couldn’t answer because I didn’t know.
What is the scale of the maps generated? For example is it 1:25000? Can you change the scale of the maps?
I do apologize for the ignorance on this subject.

Another question is…how many acres can be done per flight with a Phantom 3? How many flights would 200 acres take?

Probably 2-3 flights at an altitude around 300-400 feet.

Can the software give measurement of areas, distances, and stockpile volume?

Yes. All paid users have access to volume and other measurements. If you’re on the initial trial you also have access to these things.

Yes it does! Please see here for more info:

Hey I just seen were 3DR came out with some type of mapping software. They had a feature called scan were you can just draw a circle around an object and it will fly automatically and take pics for a 3D model, and another feature called Inspect for doing inspections. Any thing like this in the future from you guys? I know you can do 3D images now through the software, but something more automated like the regular mapping would be awesome.

We do have plans for some new mission types in the future. :slight_smile:

Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Can anyone suggest the best after market NDVI upgraded X3 seller to purchase from?,

Or, back to the original question, one that WORKS with DD?

Thanks,
JB

@Falcon Have you tried http://www.aerialagpros.com/

Not sure if they can do what you’re looking for or not. Just a suggestion

I just purchased the Pro plan and all I’m seeing is Ortho, NDVI Toolbox, NDVI Threshold and 3D. Shouldn’t I be see a few more options?

Which other options are you referring to?

Digital Surface Model, Elevation Toolbox and any others

I also have maps from Feb 10th through last week and when I try to do volume measurements it tells me it’s only available on maps made after Feb 3. Well Feb 10 till last week is after the 3rd.

You can ask support to reprocess those maps for you and they will include the elevation toolbox and volume. Our new UI coming very soon should improve some of this.

Can you export a 3D model as an STL File?

At the moment, this is done on a case by case basis until we get something automated. Paid users can make a request in support or on here and we will do the export. Just let us know the map id.

Thank you. Map ID: 1457839012_HAWKEYEIMAOPENPIPELINE