3DR Solo Support? App suggestion?

Would love to have the option of using my 3DR solo with the app. Is this possible with the existing app or would that mean creating a new one from 3DR’s SDK (guessing that’s not forthcoming)?

If it’s not practical, if anyone has a suggestion of a different easy-to-use iOS app for mission planning and capture using the Solo, that would be appreciated. I could then upload to DD as usual.

Thanks!

I fly the 3DR as well as many other drones to do my mapping and I will tell you that I have not found a way to do it in a fully autonomous state. 3DR has their own proprietary software for this purpose but since the market is saturated with DJI drones, it appears as though everyone is focussing on that route. If I find something I will let you know. I would also like to tell you that my company has just completed a 3DR Solo rebuild that maintains the components but changes the body drastically. This allowed us to get 15% more flight time and also allowed for greater maneuverability. Let me know if I can help in any way.

1 Like