User Groups

I feel like I posted this before, but here we go. It has been very inconvenient over the last couple of months because we are so busy, but having to add individuals to share on projects is getting quite annoying. I on average have 15 to 20 people which half of them are static so it would be great to be able to set up project groups and just add that group to the share. I used to use active directory groups so that an entire department could log in with one set of credentials, but I know that that is not right so by trying to do the right thing I’m actually giving myself a headache.

1 Like

Bumping back into contention.

Here is my standard group. This does not include external team members. Including some of the new features (Auto Exports) there is becoming allot of manual entry for every new job.

Bumping this to keep it relevant. Hardcore entry today with 5 new jobs containing 15 or so people each. :confused:

Bumping, 16 months down the road. Any comments @Andrew_Fraser @Jamespipe?

Hi Michael,

If you share a folder, then any projects you add will automatically be shared with your core group. We’ve also just added bulk copy/paste of emails - so if you would prefer to just keep projects at the top level, you can copy paste a list of emails from a spreadsheet, or note, and just drop all those emails into the share box.

example1@example.com
example2@example.com
example3@example.com
example4@example.com
example5@example.com

Agree that user groups would be a neat way to shortcut this - but most customers are using folders this way already - for example:

Business Unit -> Region -> City -> Project

James

1 Like

Well that’s definitely better than nothing. Folders really don’t work in our scenario and I don’t know how they would in most construction companies.

Just a little poke in the side to bump this. I tried making some folders and it does not work in our scenario. Even if I went to the effort to make separate folders for everyone Project Manager and make sure the project was created in that specific folder I still have to add the Field Supervisors independently as the work with different PM Teams. I would also need a separate folder for each client or remember to add that client to their specific project/PM Team folder. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The bottom line is that if we want to increase the use of the solution then we need to make sure that EVERYONE on the project has the opportunity to see the data. In our case that could be 5-10 just in field supervision.