Lost connection with Phantom 3 Pro halfway through mission

I’m still having issues with the drone losing connection and images not being captured. The drone continues the mission but no images. Anyone else still having problems?
Nic

Hi @fsnicbro Are you using iOS app? What drone are you using?

I’m using IOS and a Phantom 3 Standard. Any chance DD will have a fix for the gimbal control by June? I’m going to be using your services to map alligator nests then.
Nic

If you’re referring to being able to control the gimbal angle then that should be coming by that time hopefully.

The problem for me isn’t only the camera angle. The drone starts capturing images but stops taking them after a few then the camera points back up. The drone continues the mission without taking pictures then returns to home.

We usually use Pix4D for all of our work. However, we were hired to map one of BP’s chemical facilities next week and we want to give DD a try on this job. This is a massive site and we felt that perhaps DD would be up for the task. Unfortunately, during our test today, we ran into the very issue being discussed in this thread.

We ran our test using a P3P, lost connection, and upon reconnection photos ceased to be taken.

We need this fixed. If there is no fix or resolution, we will be unable to use this on this big BP job.

Thanks,

Tom Fernandez, CEO
SkyView Aerial Solutions LLC
(843) 655-8944

Taking a look at this now.

I have been using the free trial. I’ve run several missions without incident. Then over the weekend I began running into the problems mentioned in this post. Lost connections, no battery aircraft battery indicator (just red battery symbol), missing pictures on one flight and then NO pictures on the second. Of course, I’ve now wasted 3 of my 5 maps for the month. Up until now, I had nothing but good things to say about the app.

Any fix or suggestions?

You shouldn’t have to worry about the 3 of 5 maps if they didn’t work. That is only relating to processing anyways, not flying.
I’m not sure why suddenly it would start disconnecting for you. Have you tried running waypoint missions in DJI go? Maybe there is a new problem with the drone? Do you possibly have a second drone to compare to?

I ran it again today and it worked fine. Not sure what the disconnection problem was. However, the maps are not coming out and have big gaps. And sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I’ve reprocessed it 3 times and none of the orthomosaics have come out.

Mission is 50 acres, Alt = 247 ft, 60% side and 70% front. Flying over almond orchard. Good picture coverage, but the whole middle of the orchard is missing! I’ve flown it 3 times with 2 different SD cards(Lexar 633x and Sony 32gb microSDHC Memory Card (SR32UY2A/TQ) 70 MB/s). Also flown at 210 and 220 ft alt.

It took 286 pictures but only used 174.

Processed image: http://drdp.ly/C9H4g2

Do I need to fly higher? SD card? Overlap? Thanks for your help.