Connection Issues & Photos Stop Mid-flight

Hi, I’ve ran a few test runs recently and have had mixed results on the latest IOS version. I ran a map today and had issues getting my P3P to connect before flight. I had to turn on/off the controller, Phantom, and kill the app before I was able to get it to show drone connected.

I ran the flight and while it appeared to fly the plan correctly, during the flight I had no visible connection on the app (showed the correct waypoint shifting, but intermittent video signal from camera and telemetry data). The P3P flew the lines correctly and when I pulled the data from the drone it only took 24 pictures of the ~160 it should have.

Two versions of the app ago worked perfectly - solid connection and video, but the last two releases have not worked well in my opinion. I’ve not changed anything except updated the DD app.

Chris

Hi @airwee, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Can you please send us an email at support@dronedeploy.com and include the version of the App that you are currently using as well as, your droneplay username so that we can look into this for you.

Experienced a similar issue with photos stopping mid-flight due to a connection loss. I flew a test flight earlier that same day where everything worked perfectly. Later in the afternoon I flew over an expanded area and lost connection towards the edge of my survey route. The app reconnected with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard approximately 10 seconds later and it continued to fly the rest of the planned route without issue. When I uploaded my photos it only captured up until the point where I briefly lost connection. Was a solution found for @Jerther? I’m using the most up to date app and firmware as of this post.