Is flying with all supported drones free, or are there any which require a subscription?

Someone outside these forums shared the following with me “Note: The capability to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S is only available for all paid and trial subscriptions, and is currently only compatible with iOS devices.”

My question is, 1) is this true and 2) does this also apply to newer drones like the Mavic 3 Enterprise, or is this free to fly using the DroneDeploy app and fees are only for processing?

Thanks,
John

1 Like

The DJI Mavic Air 2 is not supported. The DJI Air 2S (not Mavic) is but requires a subscription. Or at least the last time I checked. It will tell you as soon as you connect the drone. The Mavic 3 Enterprise is supported and free but requires a side-load via Amazon. The M3E w/ RTK requires a subscription.

Thanks, Michael. I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the M3E, so this is very helpful.

2 Likes

You won’t regret it. Personally I have no problem with DJI Pilot 2. Once you get through the menus a few times it has everything you will need. Once DroneDeploy has fleshed out their capabilities it will be a good solution but the main problem for us is the inability to fly with RTK off “their network”. Until we can run off our own caster or local base then we’ll stick with Pilot 2.