Parrot Disco Support

Curious if anyone has asked about direct support for the Parrot Disco fixed wing UAV. At 80 km/h and a flight time of 45 minutes, it would seem to be ideal for large area surveys, especially in agriculture and other large-area GIS applications. Any word on if this is anywhere on the roadmap?

Cheers

1 Like

hi @wlgaddy - We don’t have current plans to support this for flight automation- any updates would be posted on our blog/compatibility site.

However, if the imagery is geotagged, it can be uploaded to our website for processing.

Ok I think I understand. So I would just create a “virtual” flight plan, execute the flight manually with the Disco, and then upload the gotagged photos?

Thanks,

-WG

Right! You would fly with either the mission planning software that accompanies the Parrot, or manually, and then upload the dataset for processing.

Add my +1 for disco support. Just picked one up to extend the fleet would love to be able to use the one app to undertake flight planning.

1 Like

Add my +1 for disco support. I am working on making Search and Rescue more affordable and mapping with the Disco is one way to do that in a big way. I love your software with my Mavic Pro, so it makes sense that I would want to use you guys with my disco as well.They are relatively open about their api, and you would be the first I know of to provide a good well rounded offering, for fixed wing mapping, for prosumers.

+1 i’d really like to Fly large areas with the parrot disco

I don’t think there are any current plans to support the Parrot Disco.