Auto land - can not take manual control

Wish I could back rev.

Is anybody still having issues with taking manual control before landing? I have a Phantom 4 Pro V2 and I am running DD on my iPhone 6. I am about to fly using DD for the first time for mapping plant health and I am a little scared after knowing about this issue.

I’ve never had that issue as long as I switch to S mode and back to P, that is unless your battery is at an unsafe level and then it is DJI that forces it to the ground. I normally hand catch anyways so it doesn’t really matter. :open_hands:

The issues I had appeared to be related to the bird I was flying, the P3P. I drowned my drone last fall and haven’t gotten a new one, yet. Long story on a cold fall afternoon flying coves to get images of submerged aquatic grasses. But I digress - DD was able to reproduce the issue with the P3P but not with the P4P.

I have had the P4P do this a couple of times but normally it will allow me to take control by flipping the modes toggle. I wonder if there is a point of no return? Not battery level related.

When it happened to me it was AFTER the auto land command had been issued to the drone. As long as I flipped the switch before that I had full control. Once the command was issued, at least on the P3P. DD told me they were able to reproduce it but were not going to try and fix it since support for the P3P was ending.

1 Like

fair enough i thing your are telling right

3 Likes

Same issues last several flights with Mavic 2 pro. RTH or end mission command or simply tapping on manual control does not release bird to manual control. Landing pad was missed even with “nudging” method. Tall grass wound up in motor. I have not tried switching modes I will. Seems to me that “end mission” by tapping manual Control should do just that.

Problem 2 is that when changing battery in mid mission left obstacle warning on controller for the remainder of the flight.

1 Like