M3E Dewarping

Does DD processing prefer Dewarping on the M3E to be on or off?

2 Likes

No, that should be turned off.

1 Like

For my DJI Mavic 3E, I have turned the vignette off (selecting dewarp on) via the RC. The issue I am having is when opening up the DroneDeploy app via RC Pro, the setting does not seem to carry over. The vignette appears in DroneDeploy and when you close the app (can’t have both apps open at the same time), the DJI Pilot 2 app reverts back to dewarping off. This has been frustrating for mapping purposes. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Dewarping should be off. The warping is actually the natural condition from the wide angle lense so the option is actually flattening and cropping which ruins the geometry processing uses to reconstruct.

1 Like

I took a screen recording of the issue. I essentially turn dewarp on but when switching between apps on my RC Pro, the DroneDeploy app does not recognize the dewarp feature had been turned on. See the screen recording via drop box here;

I totally get what you are saying. The point I was making is that dewarping should be turned off for mapping. DroneDeploy has not released features such as manual flight, video and 360 panoramas and this may be a clue as to why. We can report it as a bug here but the fact remains that in order to achieve the highest accuracy for mapping the imagery needs to be left in its native format. I would recommend emailing support as well.

@Christina FYI, bug report.

Yep, emailing support now. Thanks for the info! I appreciate someone understanding me!

-Matt

2 Likes