Autel EVO II

We are waiting to find out the details of the purchase configuration. We definitely don’t need the base station or the network RTK, but I have a feeling that we won’t have a choice… :thinking: We should find out next week.

1 Like

Hopefully no RTK needed. They state “supports Post-Processing Kinematics (PPK)” in the first sentence of the description. And hopefully it doesn’t go from $1800 to $7300 with the addition of ~ $500 precission GNSS. But it probably will.

2 Likes

You will be able to PPK. It will also be interesting to see if they support RTK on other NTRIP mount points and casters. The main thing for us that remains to be seen is whether or not they will sell it without their base/service and if not whether the base can be used as a rover or not. It may be that we end up buying a regular Pro and mount our own PPK kit.

1 Like

YES , I seen the news, and also hoping I can get it without their base station. Im also intrested in the 640T thermal radiometric camera!!!

As far as the RTK goes, I think its great, but not needed if you put in the foot work and use enough GCPs…?

Are you sure they are officially releasing the radiometric version? Wouldn’t that be the 640R?

I don’t agree with the use of RTK on a drone unless you can log for PPK at the same time. If you can’t log then you are locked and if there were conditions that it bounced off RTK then you would never know. RTK/PPK is something that would benefit larger projects greatly reducing the number of GCP’s required. I did some testing on a 150ac project with three different methods. All the same images with different processing settings. The non-PPK flight with 25 GCP’s was +/- 3cm stakeout increasing to 5cm error towards the midpoint of the line from GCP to GCP. PPK with 7 GCP’s was 3cm everywhere and PPK-only was 3-5cm, with a 20ft shift and 1.5deg rotation due to the localization. Note that you still have to have at least two points from survey onsite in order to do this.

I don’t agree with the theory that you don’t need GCP’s when using PPK/RTK Unless the CAD coordinates are a 1:1 EPSG and all the monuments are exactly where the CAD says. We have seen to many factors causing global coordinates to not match design files, localizations and scale factors being the main culprits. You can go into Civil 3D and enter the scale factor, but localizations don’t work and it is something that is done on every project.

1 Like

The 640T is the same as 640R, I think they just changed the R to a T

1 Like

Do you know when they did that? The mentionings of the 640R I have seen were back in mid-November to December. I think what may be happening though is that most of the sources for the Radiometric version have been outside the US so they may have different model names… I’ve got to get it nailed down so I get detail why the extra $3k or whatever it ends up being.

On the link to the dealer you posted above, click on the evo dual. And it will tell you all the detsils of the thermal.

Yes, i think you are right. They chaged it to 640T when they posted it in the USA about a week ago

Is the dealer you posted above someone you have worked with befor?

The 640T , RGB camera states 48 effective mega pixels!!!

1 Like

Yes, we purchase and get maintenance from them for our Yuneec H520’s. DJI’s go to DroneNerds.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s the same sensor that’s on the Mavic Air 2 that produces stitched images. Notice how they state “effective”… Does it not take standard 12mp images? Something’s not quite kosher there. Also, I would love to see what the advantage is over doing a standard stitch or 360 pano and then snipping images. Our 360’s report about 180-200mp and when snipped on a 4k monitor they are just about as good as a standard photo.

1 Like

not sure if its the same sensor as mavic air, it might just collect real 48 mega pix.

That would be highly unlikely.

ok, well we need more info on this drone and soon!! agree??

Whayt s the fastest most rue info we can get on this drone? Where is our best lead?

Lol, most true info…